Wikiposts

HELP!!! New and Confused

Old Jul 26th 2004, 5:23 am
Just Joined

Radley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP!!! New and Confused

My husband is a US Citizen and I am a British Citizen. We are currently in Canada. My husband is a permanent resident here, I am on a visitors visa. My husband wishes to return to the States, to Vermont. I have several questions which I hope someone can help me with.

Since I am only in Canada temporarily (with my children from a previous marriage) which is the best route for him to take to get me into the States.

We did think that he should go to Vermont and file there but would that mean me having to go back to London for an interview. We were married in Canada. Or would it be best for him to stay in Canada and file from here. I'm restricted with my Visa for six months and have no family in the UK that I could stay with temporarily.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

waitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: HELP!!! New and Confused

Originally posted by Radley
My husband is a US Citizen and I am a British Citizen. We are currently in Canada. My husband is a permanent resident here, I am on a visitors visa. My husband wishes to return to the States, to Vermont. I have several questions which I hope someone can help me with.

Since I am only in Canada temporarily (with my children from a previous marriage) which is the best route for him to take to get me into the States.

We did think that he should go to Vermont and file there but would that mean me having to go back to London for an interview. We were married in Canada. Or would it be best for him to stay in Canada and file from here. I'm restricted with my Visa for six months and have no family in the UK that I could stay with temporarily.
I am not sure, but, can you not enter US with him and then he can file for AOS for you along with your kids???

Or maybe he can do a DCF from Canada for you guys?????
Old Jul 26th 2004, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

waitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Radley

Sorry, I missed the part that you are a UK citizen, I guess DCF can only be done from UK then. But, I guess you can enter US and then he can file for AOS for you????
Old Jul 26th 2004, 6:01 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by waitingforAOS
Sorry, I missed the part that you are a UK citizen, I guess DCF can only be done from UK then. But, I guess you can enter US and then he can file for AOS for you????
If Radley is the international spouse of a US citizen, I don't think she can enter the US without the proper visa. I don't know about the options with spousal visas, maybe someone here could give more information?