Wikiposts

Help Needed!

Old Oct 11th 2005, 11:11 am
Just Joined

MandMed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help Needed!

2 yrs ago I came to the US on a Visa Waiver - We were only supposed to be here for 3 months while I decided to relocate for my Job which thus far had been done online. I came over a couple of times prior and went back 3rd time I brought my son to decide if we would like to live here . Long story short on our last visit my boss took us to a house in the middle of nowhere .. things were ok but when it got time to leave he would not let us go. I had no access to a car or phone , no neighbours and as soon as our flight to go back had gone he had me trapped. The airport being 5hrs away. Going on from this point he beat me had his children hit and abuse me and told me no one would help me that if I escaped I and my Son would be deported. This went on and I became pregnant .. and the situation got worse If he left me at the house he would take my eldest with him so I would not try to escape.
To cut a long story short eventually he was arrested on several domestic abuse charges and I took my 2 children and fled. We were never married and he is not on my youngest child's birth certificate as he branded the baby a B""tard". We moved half way across the country .. and we met some of the most wonderful and generous people whom without we would have been in worse trouble. We left with the clothes on our backs literally . After he was arrested I know he went to court and we got a temporary restraining order .. but I dont know what happened to him after that point. I didnt want to call and find out in-case it left a paper trail. However .. now I cannot work and we are surviving on money my relatives send and the kindness of others and our church. My Passport and my sons are still valid.. I am trying to get a UK passport for the baby , but we keep hitting red tape with the paperwork they want such as hospital records. I love the US and would love to stay but I can't see a way and I am worried if we get a passport and try to leave he could try and block it to get custody of the baby to spite me - he said if he found us he'd kill us and I believe him. We need some good and solid advice.. Yes I know by coming here I was probably naive and too trusting but I can't turn back time and no matter what I love my baby .. but we need some options as we are struggling for money and resources.

Any ideas would be very welcome.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 4:30 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Needed!

Originally Posted by MandMed
2 yrs ago I came to the US on a Visa Waiver - We were only supposed to be here for 3 months while I decided to relocate for my Job which thus far had been done online. I came over a couple of times prior and went back 3rd time I brought my son to decide if we would like to live here .
Email a UK newspaper ..tell them how you were kidnapped, raped, beaten
etc etc... Tell a good yarn as here ..they will fly you home for your exlcusive story ....