Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Help! Need Sponsor that will employ UK BA grad on entry level!

Help! Need Sponsor that will employ UK BA grad on entry level!

Old Jun 30th 2010, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

paul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to all
Default Re: Help! Need Sponsor that will employ UK BA grad on entry level!

Originally Posted by fayerabb
living in england.... I wouldn't fit in , in Cumbria (that's where he's from). Plus the weather is bleh...
Why wouldn't you fit in? You don't have to move to Cumbria. My US wife lived with me in London for a few years and loved the city living for a bit before we moved back to the US.

The weather...yeah can't help you with that.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 5:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

go to www.ksym.org he's made this site what it is. It's his work.
If that's his showcase, he isn't likely to find a job let alone a job with visa sponsorship. My wife did something similar, for a class as part of her masters. She had never done any programming, the masters was not for anything IT related and she had about 6 hours of tuition.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

fayerabb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Well, I'm out of ideas.
thanks for comments
Old Jun 30th 2010, 8:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for comments
I have to agree with OF...please don't rush into marriage as a way of being together. There's an awful lot of heartache if it doesn't work out.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 1:32 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I live in an area where left and right people are being illegally employed and we are almost punished for trying to do things the right way.
With respect, the people who are "being illegally employed" are not to blame for the fact that your boyfriend has limited skills and you don't want to get married.

Ian
Old Jul 1st 2010, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

If you're lucky, your boyfriend may be able to pickup some sort of intern position which could buy you a few months.

Ultimately, you're going to have to explore the marriage option if you both have long term ambitions of living in the US.

I had the same dilemma in 2000 and we got as far as filling out a fiance visa application while I was at the tender age of 20. I then did manage to get a one-year internship on a J-1 visa followed up by a full time position on an H1B. We got married in 2004 after I lived in the US for 3 years.

But I was VERY lucky. Had the internship position not come up, we would have proceeded with marriage.

It was that or live apart. Simple as that.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Madelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond repute

Cumbria is a beautiful part of the UK, despite the "bleh" weather , but he's more likely to get a job in a city environment anyway - you are so young... wow, the opportunity to come live in the UK for a bit and explore Europe, should have you dancing, not blehing.... if you are serious enough about your boyfriend to be putting so much effort into having him stay close to you, and change *his* life, why not consider a year or two over here in the UK, or hell, somewhere else in the world... adventure, have fun, get to know eachother, and then if you're still nuts about eachother, go down the marriage route.

Sure wish i could go back to my early twenties and be more open minded and avdneturous, cos when you're thirty *cough* something, two kids in tow and a divorce decree in your back pocket, it sure is hard to keep the adventurous spirit alive

Good luck, i really hope you find a solution!