Help with L-1A visa interview

Old Feb 16th 2011, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

jamesanding is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with L-1A visa interview

Hi All,

I've had an email confirmation yesterday that my L-1A petition was approved!
The next step is for me to schedule and appear for a visa interview at the American Embassy in London.
Can anyone help me with this process, what are my next steps? What do I need to book the interview and what are my expected timelines?

Thanks!
James
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Flabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with L-1A visa interview

you need the actaul I797 approval notice, then you call for an appointment. waiting times are whatever they are i am afraid. in sept we were offered next day.
Call 09042-450-100 (£1.20/minute) and give them the following information

Your name and address

The names of your spouse/dependants that will be coming with you to the U.S.

Your passport information and number

The passport information and numbers of your family members

Your email address

Your I-797 Approval Notice Receipt Number (previously sent)

Have your credit card information at the ready because you will need to pay the MRV application fee

2) digitally upload the photos of anyone travelling
3)you have to complete the DS160 online (save as you go)for each person. (there is a handy link on 'how to' on the US Embassy web site)
4.collect all the paperwork together and head for the embassy

good luck
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Flabound oneday
you need the actaul I797 approval notice, then you call for an appointment. waiting times are whatever they are i am afraid. in sept we were offered next day.
Call 09042-450-100 (£1.20/minute) and give them the following information

Your name and address

The names of your spouse/dependants that will be coming with you to the U.S.

Your passport information and number

The passport information and numbers of your family members

Your email address

Your I-797 Approval Notice Receipt Number (previously sent)

Have your credit card information at the ready because you will need to pay the MRV application fee

2) digitally upload the photos of anyone travelling
3)you have to complete the DS160 online (save as you go)for each person. (there is a handy link on 'how to' on the US Embassy web site)
4.collect all the paperwork together and head for the embassy

good luck
Thanks, that's perfect! Everything I need to know just like that!
It's sounds like it's easy enough to do this all myself but I've been told there are agencies that help with this sort of thing - would you reccomend using one of these agencies or just do this myself?
Old Feb 16th 2011, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Flabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond repute

no need IMO, its all very straightforward. when you do the DS160 just remember to keep saving it.

the embassy appt itself is very easy. there is even a youtube video on 'how to' but once you have a date come back and ask again and you will get the full low down.

check your private message box
Old Feb 16th 2011, 3:52 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Start here http://london.usembassy.gov/work2.html and work your way through the pages. Check the links in both the side columns too.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Essexfolks is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I had my L1A interview in early January so have recent experience. I got an interview within 3 days of calling to make the appointment (my partners H1B interview in late January was offered the next day) and my passport back within 5 following the interview. I read people advised taking a book etc but TBH I was so nervous and there were so many numbers being called out to go to a window I didn't read more than one page! My appointment was 9.30 I was in the queue at 9 and walked out of the embassy at 11.15. All very quick. The interview for me was quite un-nerving because the guy who interviewed me didn't actually look at me once (or not that I saw) and had to keep telling me to speak up. Again tho my partner was totally different and had someone very engaging. They asked me who I worked for, what my job was, where I'd be based, how long I'd worked for my employer and what my new job would be and I was approved. Just go with all your documents and speak louder than I did!! Good luck
Old Feb 17th 2011, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

SuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to all

I had my L1-A approved last August and it was a very straight forward process. Much more than i had anticipated anyway.

They asked me who I worked for, what my job was, where I'd be based, how long I'd worked for my employer and what my new job would be and I was approved. Didnt even look at my mountain of documents..
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks guys! I've got my interview tomorrow morning at the embassy in Lodon...also at 09.30. Hopefully it goes as smoothly as yours did