HELP - Job Offer in US

Old Mar 9th 2019, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

DannyJones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP - Job Offer in US

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
This definitely does not sound as though it's going to lead to you getting a job in the USA.
How come that
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that this isn't sounding terribly promising unfortunately. At 18 you can't have the degree and/or experience necessary to qualify you for most employment based visas, and it's a bit odd that they are prepared to spend thousands and wait months for you to be able to start work when you can't have much (any?) relevant work experience. How did you apply for the job? Be careful, and make sure this isn't some kind of a scam - don't pay them any money whatever you do!

You can have a read of this link for info on all of the available visas, see if you think you and the job would fit in to any of them - https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulas...rk_in_the_USA_

HTH, best of luck.

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DannyJones
So obviously most of you believe it is not possible. However is it possible to get a temporary work visa and then if all goes well it can be transferred to a permanent visa ?
In a nutshell, no.

There is a temporary work visa, but it's for seasonal workers like farm labor or ski instructors, that type of thing.

Rene
Old Mar 9th 2019, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

Yeah it doesn't sound promising. To be fair I have quite a bit of experience in aviation ( Currently solo with my pilots license ) and have 2 diplomas one with the RAF and the other through my academy in Aeronautical Engineering. The employer has talked to me and purely thinks my drive and passion is unparalleled. They believe I have massive potential to do well in the industry. Any way I could get around the work visa issue? For example if i wasn't officially paid and work hours were traded for flying hours. Expenses would just be covered by the company.
Old Mar 9th 2019, 3:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it doesn't sound promising. To be fair I have quite a bit of experience in aviation ( Currently solo with my pilots license ) and have 2 diplomas one with the RAF and the other through my academy in Aeronautical Engineering. The employer has talked to me a purely thinks my drive and passion is unparalleled. They believe I have massive potential to do well in the industry. Any way I could get around the work visa issue? For example if i wasn't officially paid and work hours were traded for flying hours. Expenses would just be covered by the company.
OK, so put simply you need to just ask the employer what visa they're planning on getting for you and ask to speak to their immigration lawyer. As said above, you can't do it yourself, they must sponsor you, so that will soon tell you if they're serious or not.

You can't get any kind of benefit in exchange for working, no. That would also need a visa. You can't even work for your own UK company whilst in the US! Any kind of work at all needs a visa I'm afraid.
Old Mar 9th 2019, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it doesn't sound promising. To be fair I have quite a bit of experience in aviation ( Currently solo with my pilots license ) and have 2 diplomas one with the RAF and the other through my academy in Aeronautical Engineering. The employer has talked to me and purely thinks my drive and passion is unparalleled. They believe I have massive potential to do well in the industry. Any way I could get around the work visa issue? For example if i wasn't officially paid and work hours were traded for flying hours. Expenses would just be covered by the company.
No. What you are asking is illegal.
Old Mar 9th 2019, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

They already agreed to " sponsor my visa application " meaning ?
Old Mar 9th 2019, 3:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Ask them exactly which visa. That's the crucial bit, as it's tough to see what visa you would qualify for from what you've said.
Old Mar 9th 2019, 3:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

No, there is no way around the work visa. The only way for you to be in the USA right now is as a visitor, and as a visitor, you are not allowed to do any kind of work for which someone would normally be paid. Expenses covered by the company is a form of payment according to immigration. Trading work for flying hours is a form of payment.

For now, just sit back and keep in touch with the employer and eventually they will tell you which visa they'll be applying for. They have to be working with an immigration lawyer to get it all sorted for you. There is really nothing for you to do at this time.

Rene
Old Mar 9th 2019, 3:18 pm

Meaning they've agreed to file a petition towards a work visa for you. Now you just need to know which visa. The reason we're not going into your other questions is because without a visa, you won't be moving to the USA. So, first things first, find out which visa they have agreed to sponsor you for.

Rene
Old Mar 9th 2019, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

Right, I will find out ASAP. Im not too sure if they know what type of visa they are going to apply for me but I'll find out.
Thanks Rene :-)
Yep, this is the crux of the problem. They've agreed to sponsor your work visa, but do they even know if it's possible themselves? Come on back when you find out and we'll be happy to help further.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Mar 9th 2019 at 3:24 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2019, 4:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Danny

Don't be secretive, there's no need.
People here get concerned and just want to help. This sounds very risky and at least complex.

How did you get in contact with the employer?
What actually is the job? Could you outline exactly what qualifications you have and how they apply to the job?
And what they've stated in writing? If anything.

Have you been asked to send anyone money for anything?
Old Mar 9th 2019, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Yep, this is the crux of the problem. They've agreed to sponsor your work visa, but do they even know if it's possible themselves? Come on back when you find out and we'll be happy to help further.

Rene
it says professional under one of the requirements for one of the Visa options. Surely training pilot is covered under that?
Old Mar 9th 2019, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Do you train pilots? Is this related to some sort of pilot training school?
Please see my questions just above.
As much precise information as possible please.

It's 'visa' not Visa. Not being petty, just so you know.
Has someone mentioned a visa type?

Last edited by Hotscot; Mar 9th 2019 at 4:14 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2019, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

it says professional under one of the requirements for one of the Visa options. Surely training pilot is covered under that?
Much more information needed from you and the employer for anyone here to begin answering those questions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.