Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Help! - I don't want to have to hurt someone..

Help! - I don't want to have to hurt someone..

Old Nov 18th 2008, 11:56 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! - I don't want to have to hurt someone..

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
The one on the right is SP right?! I could tell by the butch short hairstyle
Samba by day...Mango by night...
Old Nov 18th 2008, 11:58 pm
trout pout

looselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sambapink
Yeah well, I'll see what happens tonight at practice.

Thanks for all your replies.. appreciated. Hopefully its highlighted one of the cultural differences we have to contend with when moving here.. and maybe someone else might gain some insight into it. OR, maybe not.. maybe others choose to read my post completely differently.. whatever.
Ok .... I have my popcorn ready for when you get back tonight!!
Old Nov 19th 2008, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Quit the cheerleading and go with the dirt bikes, much more fun.
Attached Thumbnails Help! - I don't want to have to hurt someone..-img_0064.jpg  
Old Nov 19th 2008, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Samba...i feel your pain! I can't stand the cliques..hope everything went ok. I find that going right up to someone who appears to dislike me and smile and be ultra friendly with a sarcastic undertone (which they don't get but makes you feel so much better) is the best option...they just can't cope when they think they've got you on the run but then you go up to them, smile and say "so how was your week coach...I've been so looking forward to this week's practise!"
Old Nov 19th 2008, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Thank god my boys aren't into team sports.
Snowboarding, surfing and dirt bikes for them.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 12:10 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisa67
Hey Samba...i feel your pain! I can't stand the cliques..hope everything went ok. I find that going right up to someone who appears to dislike me and smile and be ultra friendly with a sarcastic undertone (which they don't get but makes you feel so much better) is the best option...they just can't cope when they think they've got you on the run but then you go up to them, smile and say "so how was your week coach...I've been so looking forward to this week's practise!"
Good job I don't have kids I would pop her one lol.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 12:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surly
Quit the cheerleading and go with the dirt bikes, much more fun.
Yes thank god I have a Son over here.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 12:13 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Not going to read all the replys so if someone has already posted this sorry.

I would have it out with the Bitch to her face one on one and ask her what her problem is with you!!
If she denies there is one then tell her you look forward to less sarky comments and a more professional attitude, and that you also would appreciate as she is in a position of standing and a roll model to the others that you will expect to see no display of any prejudice to your daughter.... that will get her, the word prejudice normally gives them a good kick up the arse.

I like your style..

Oh yes...definately this one..Poppy knows the Cali girls/women and how to put them in their place..
Old Nov 19th 2008, 12:17 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
I like your style..

Oh yes...definately this one..Poppy knows the Cali girls/women and how to put them in their place..
You bet I do lol I don't take crap
Old Nov 19th 2008, 12:18 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Be helpful to this wonderful woman...... call a meeting and award her a dildo to mitigate the terrible stress of her importance......
Old Nov 19th 2008, 12:27 am
Last orders please...

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
You bet I do lol I don't take crap

I hear ya..
Old Nov 19th 2008, 12:31 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Be helpful to this wonderful woman...... call a meeting and award her a dildo to mitigate the terrible stress of her importance......
butt plug surely?
Old Nov 19th 2008, 12:34 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone's given you the armchair quarterback responses - "slap the bitch", "use these clever lines on her", etc. but none of them are going to help much in the real world, in my opinion.

If you're serious about getting her to change her behavior, ask to talk to her after practice in private. Explain to her that you are very concerned by her apparent bias against you, and you suspect that it is racially motivated. Ask her if she has a particular dislike of foreigners such as yourself. Explain that you have had enough, and that any further unpleasantness from her will result in you bringing a formal charge of racial bullying against her with the school board/district. Tell her that you expect to be treated just like any of the other parents in the team, and that you will be paying close attention to her behavior and attitude towards you in future.

It's an impossible charge for her to argue - she can't tell you that she just doesn't like you regardless of your race, and she can't admit to being prejudiced against you for any other reason.

...but obviously this will alienate you from her even more, and there's a good chance that it will lead to her actively working to get your daughter out of the team on some pretense or other.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 12:40 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Everyone's given you the armchair quarterback responses - "slap the bitch", "use these clever lines on her", etc. but none of them are going to help much in the real world, in my opinion.
Actually, in the real world, what happens is that someone is rude / objectionable / insulting, and you blow your lid and YOU look like a dick, so by being prepared with a pointed (but polite) response, it gives you the opportunity to not look like a complete pushover, and stops you from responding in an over the top manner.
If it's a pointed enough response, it might work on its own, but if necessary, can lead to that private discussion later.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 12:41 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000

If you're serious about getting her to change her behavior, ask to talk to her after practice in private. Explain to her that you are very concerned by her apparent bias against you, and you suspect that it is racially motivated. Ask her if she has a particular dislike of foreigners such as yourself. Explain that you have had enough, and that any further unpleasantness from her will result in you bringing a formal charge of racial bullying against her with the school board/district. Tell her that you expect to be treated just like any of the other parents in the team, and that you will be paying close attention to her behavior and attitude towards you in future.

It's an impossible charge for her to argue - she can't tell you that she just doesn't like you regardless of your race, and she can't admit to being prejudiced against you for any other reason.

...but obviously this will alienate you from her even more, and there's a good chance that it will lead to her actively working to get your daughter out of the team on some pretense or other.
In which case, just go over her head and complain to the school board about the racial prejudice...it'll be taken seriously as they wouldn't want to be sued for not doing anything, and if the coach then tries to put the screws on the daughter, she'd be well rogered.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.