Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Help a good friend seeking a work visa

Help a good friend seeking a work visa

Old Mar 5th 2020, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

starkid433 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help a good friend seeking a work visa

Hi guys need help for a friend who currently lives back in the UK (London Area), and is seeking new opportunities and experiences to gain a work visa in the United States. Just to give a quick background about him, he graduated from the University of Birmingham in professional golf studies with the PGA around 2014. Currently tutors golf within a private golf club in the West London area. Just trying to find out what the best work visas available to him and which companies or job sectors are sponsoring ideally in the Southeastern region of the Untied states i.e GA or FL. Also forgot to add he is a fluent speaker in French which is his second language.
Old Mar 5th 2020, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

roberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help a good friend seeking a work visa

Have him take a look at this link. I'm not an expert - but it looks like he would have a tough time to qualify for a visa.

I guess a seasonal work H2B visa might work, but those are temporary and tend to be very low wage.
Old Mar 6th 2020, 1:20 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Sports "coaches" often seem to be able to get a J-1, but I don't know much about how the process works and how it would apply to golf. Usually the work seems to be temporary (a year at a time), and not well paid. That said the US doesn't seem to have a shortage of golf coaches and semi-pros.
Old Mar 6th 2020, 2:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Could he not use the PGA as a source?