Wikiposts

help

Old Aug 23rd 2006, 11:31 am
Kelly

Default help

Hi,i am registering to apply to adjust my status as i married an american citizen.I had an appointment date but i have just recived a letter to say it has been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances. I was wondering if this has happenend to anyone else? If you could let me know a.s.a.p. i would really apprieciate it. Thankyou .

---
posted via:
http://www.visaforyou.org/eng/

Old Aug 23rd 2006, 11:34 am
Kat

Default Re: help

Kelly
When USCIS cancel it is usually OK....when you cancel it can cause some
problems. It will be OK they will reschedule you for a later date.
Keep an eye on it just to make sure an when everything else fails make
an INFOPASS apt.
Good luck
kelly wrote:
    > Hi,i am registering to apply to adjust my status as i married an american citizen.I had an appointment date but i have just recived a letter to say it has been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances. I was wondering if this has happenend to anyone else? If you could let me know a.s.a.p. i would really apprieciate it. Thankyou .
    >
    > ---
    > posted via:
    > http://www.visaforyou.org/eng/

Old Aug 23rd 2006, 1:30 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kelly
Hi,i am registering to apply to adjust my status as i married an american citizen.I had an appointment date but i have just recived a letter to say it has been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances. I was wondering if this has happenend to anyone else? If you could let me know a.s.a.p. i would really apprieciate it. Thankyou .
Yes, it's happened to several people on the forum. If you don't get a new interview date by the time this interview date rolls around, go to this interview anyway. You never know with USCIS. You don't want to take any chances on missing an appointment. Maybe the cancellation letter was a mistake. Go to it anyway, if you don't get a new appointment letter.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 4:10 pm
Jgsp

kelly wrote:
    > Hi,i am registering to apply to adjust my status as i married an american citizen.I had an appointment date but i have just recived a letter to say it has been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances. I was wondering if this has happenend to anyone else? If you could let me know a.s.a.p. i would really apprieciate it. Thankyou .
    > ---
    > posted via:
    > http://www.visaforyou.org/eng/

GO TO THE APPOINTMENT. USCIS tends to make a lot of mistakes.

My case was denied because my wife and I did not go to the interview.
In my case, we never received the notice and still they denied the
case. (My wife is appealing the case)

Do not rely on the information on-line, the phone line or even the
phone representatives. I had been checking on my status through these
resources and none of them gave me the "real" status of my case.

I cannot stress enough this but for your own sake, go to the first
interview even if they cancelled it. Do not take any chances.

If the cancellation was a mistake, and you do not show up, it can cause
you a lot of headache and stress until you get it fixed.

If the cancellation was in fact in order, then you just waited in long
lines for nothing.

I wish you the best of luck.