Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Hellooo, interview date has come through :o).thrilled and nervous now

Hellooo, interview date has come through :o).thrilled and nervous now

Old Aug 3rd 2002, 11:20 am
Blue Jjjj312412

Default Hellooo, interview date has come through :o).thrilled and nervous now

Hello again all, Once again things have seemed to gone very quickly. Our interview
date is here. Which means the application process has taken less than two months. I
am totally wrapped ...lol..and rather ( bloody nervous heart racing sort of good
feeling) nervous so here is our timeline again for anyone new to peruse and glean
hope from, June 6th - Mike posts off I-129f June 11 - first NOA July 5th - second NOA
of approval August 3rd - letter with interview date for September 27th, and payment
slips etc for visa and medical instructions also. So under two months to sit and
check and recheck everything ..lol...and hope the youngest daughter finally stops
changing her mind.

Our thanks to you all yet again. Any help wanted that I am able to give then please
feel free to email me. By the way Rete I have tried posting timelines on the sites
you recommend but for some reason it does not go through. I did also try and post on
the K1 timeline homepage. Best wishes to all, regards Jacqueline W

Old Aug 3rd 2002, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

mrpilock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hellooo, interview date has come through :o).thrilled and nervous now

Hi Jacqueline,
i just got my visa on the 1st aug and believe me there is nothing to be nervous about. Are you fileing at london?

And are you going the K1 route?
My kids couldnt make their mind up in the beginning but unfortunately the chose to remain in the uk in the end with the mother ive had them both since birth and have full custody.

one thing i do know is you have to have a letter from the other parent to say that they agree to them emigrating.

Kind regards

Keith & Debs
Old Aug 3rd 2002, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hellooo, interview date has come through :o).thrilled and nervous now

Congratulations Jacqueline, the next step, now stop panicking !
I had an RFE for not taking a letter from my ex-wife allowing my daughter to leave the UK.
Sorted in a couple of days, back to the Embassy, no appointment
needed, visa in hand.

Good luck
Roger
Old Aug 3rd 2002, 6:21 pm
Blue Jjjj312412

Thankyou all for the congrats, Keith and Debs ( yes I am going the K1 route) and
Roger( How's your house selling going, I had read you were having probs with the
solicitors, I hope they get a move on for you and you can make your trip soon). I do
have the consent letter from my girls father to take them. The embassy also emailed
and have said not to worry if she doesn't wish to attend the interview, just to tell
them on the day . Like you Keith, I have had my girls with me from the very start, I
wouldn't mind if she was close to her Dad , but she isn't. So although I know he will
take care of her it will be so odd to be away from her. Teenagers are funny people.
Best wishes to you and Debs for your future. Tthank you again , I am so very happy
that we are nearly there. Best regards, Jacqueline W

Old Aug 5th 2002, 11:20 am
Cp

Congrats Jacqueline!! I just mailed our original I-797 to the London Embassy in hopes
to speed up the interview process. Did you have a wedding date specified on your
forms? Someone had said that their interview was scheduled 1 week after they sent the
I-797 approval from their Service center. I was just wondering because because I
leave on the 22 of August and was hoping to attend the interview with Clive.

Cheers, Sheila (U.S.C.) Clive (U.K.C.)

Blue JJJJ3124126 <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hello again all, Once again things have seemed to gone very quickly. Our interview
    > date is here. Which means the application process has taken less than two months.
I am
    > totally wrapped ...lol..and rather ( bloody nervous heart racing sort of
good
    > feeling) nervous so here is our timeline again for anyone new to peruse
and
    > glean hope from, June 6th - Mike posts off I-129f June 11 - first NOA July 5th -
    > second NOA of approval August 3rd - letter with interview date for September 27th,
    > and payment
slips
    > etc for visa and medical instructions also. So under two months to sit and check
    > and recheck everything ..lol...and
hope
    > the youngest daughter finally stops changing her mind.
    >
    > Our thanks to you all yet again. Any help wanted that I am able to give
then
    > please feel free to email me. By the way Rete I have tried posting
timelines on
    > the sites you recommend but for some reason it does not go through. I did
also
    > try and post on the K1 timeline homepage. Best wishes to all, regards Jacqueline W

Old Aug 5th 2002, 12:20 pm
Blue Jjjj312412

Hello Sheila, Our wedding date was actually put down as January 11 th 2003, and the
date I was to fly over was put down as the first week of December. They also said
that to me about sending in the original notice of approval to speed things up, but I
had already put my forms in early and that seems to have made things happen just as
quickly. They do seem to try to get the interviews early for those who specify an
earlier departure date. That is just what I have gleaned though from reading other
posts and sites , so please don't take that as factual info. Hope you both get your
interview before you leave, it will be great if you can go together for it. I wish
Mike could pop over for mine. Take care and best of luck to you, Jacqueline W

Old Aug 5th 2002, 2:20 pm
Cp

Thanks Jacqueline....I was a bit worried because of hearing that it may be possible
for a quicker interview date and seeing that yours was a month later. I mean it still
would not be bad in a sense it's just that the I-134 has to be signed in front of a
consular officer if it is not filled out in the states and notarized. And with me
being here it is not possible. And with me leaving on the 22 if he would get his
interview date within the week after that there would be no way for me to post these
signed and notarized forms to him. Just would not be enough time. He has to put a
month's notice in also so we will still be waiting a month no matter what. It would
just be nice to go together....Well I would feel much better because I know where
everything is if they ask because I have gone over the forms so many times checking
for errors...lol...I just do everything and he comes home from work and proof reads
and signs...oh and nick picks about the way I word things and then I think is sounds
wrong so I go back and redoo the whole thing and then it's got to go through the
re-check process all 100 times all over again...lol...Okay...thanks for the info. and
I will let you know as soon as we find out more....

Cheers, Sheila (U.S.C.) Clive (U.K.C.)

Blue JJJJ3124126 <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hello Sheila, Our wedding date was actually put down as January 11 th 2003, and the
date I
    > was to fly over was put down as the first week of December. They also
said
    > that to me about sending in the original notice of approval to speed
things up,
    > but I had already put my forms in early and that seems to have made things happen
    > just as quickly. They do seem to try to get the interviews early
for
    > those who specify an earlier departure date. That is just what I have
gleaned
    > though from reading other posts and sites , so please don't take that as factual
    > info. Hope you both get your interview before you leave, it will be great if you
can
    > go together for it. I wish Mike could pop over for mine. Take care and best of luck
    > to you, Jacqueline W