Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

HEADS UP -- bye-bye Temp 551 stamp

HEADS UP -- bye-bye Temp 551 stamp

Old Oct 18th 2004, 1:20 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HEADS UP -- bye-bye Temp 551 stamp

Originally Posted by Rete
Mr. Folinsky's post of this afternoon states otherwise. From what he was told the word from the CIS is that the border will continue to accept the I-551 from travelers.

Guess this is another area of speculation and fear for CIS users until the wrinkles have been ironed out and a new procedure in place.

Rete
Hi Rete:

The lawyer end of our local workgroup has been in touch with the AILA person in DC responsible for such things [I decline to name that person so she/he can do their job]. That person was already aware of the impending problem when we contacted them via other sources. They are working on it.

Remember that sometimes Nat'l HQ speaks ex cathedra -- but then everyone else starts acting like Tevye the milman and questions the Master of the Universe.

Time will tell. Hey, I had a client get his I-551 temp stamp this morning.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

acuario is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Ps: How long did it take for you to get the interview date after you got the I-130 approval??
[/QUOTE]

I-130 approval, July 14th, 2004,
CR-1 Interview, October 21st, 2004,

so, a little over 3 months. Pretty good ! I saved a lot of time using the K-3 interview date as the CR-1 interview date. Thanks Hyper for your advice ! It has saved me lots of time.

Next goal: get the last I-551 stamp !!!
Old Oct 19th 2004, 10:45 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
OK, I went and found Mr. Folinskyinla's post of this afternoon, and also just went and saw that same information on the AILA site (it was not there earlier today). Yes, their recent blurb about the CBP's stance on this seems to contradict what I received his AM in e-mail format from my local chapter.

It will indeed be interesting to see how this shakes out.
OK, today I see the following posting on the AILA site:

While some District Offices indicated that they would no longer issue ADIT (I-551) stamps, AILA Liaison has been advised that USCIS will continue with existing policy allowing issuance of the ADIT (I-551) stamp for permanent residents. We have been told that we can expect formal written confirmation of this within the next few days.