Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Hawkinis N400 Timeline - Short Apparently!!

Hawkinis N400 Timeline - Short Apparently!!

Old Sep 10th 2018, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Hawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hawkinis N400 Timeline - Short Apparently!!

Originally Posted by tht
I guess you really are unable to travel for that 2 week period if you have to give up the naturalization certificate to apply for the passport, I saw a dual citizen once entering on his foreign passport and handing over his naturalization certificate as proof he was a USC, the CBP officer was clearly not happy, and was telling him that he had been told on multiple entries to get a US passport, but he had obviously been admitted multiple times without in the past based on that....
I applied for my passport today based on the fact that you *have* to have a US passport as a citizen to enter the US. I figured there must be exceptions, but to make my life easier, applying for the passport, expediting it, and having it for travel I will have in 6 weeks is surely easier. If my travel was much sooner, I would have considered postponing the oath ceremony or doing a same day passport. Not doing it at all though... me personally I wouldn't consider that an option!
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 9:21 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Did you also get the emails to say they were not doing anything? 5th Sep was the BioMetrics walk-in..

Old Oct 4th 2018, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

retzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond repute

I have been getting ^those weekly since biometrics in May. I assume they will continue for the duration.
Old Oct 4th 2018, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Mercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by retzie
I have been getting ^those weekly since biometrics in May. I assume they will continue for the duration.
I'm still getting those, and I became a US Citizen in May!
Old Oct 4th 2018, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

sun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond repute

Your myaccount settings have a parameter that can be set to turn off the biweekly emails. It's useless, and I turned them off as soon as I created the account, because I didn't want the aggravation of being reminded that nothing had happened; it sent me updates when things actually did happen, and that's how I preferred it.
Old Oct 4th 2018, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Hawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mercury39
I'm still getting those, and I became a US Citizen in May!
I can't remember if I turned mine off or not... but I haven't received any since I became a citizen!
Old Oct 4th 2018, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Hawkini,
I received notification of my interview date a couple of days ago. I become eligible for naturalisation on 26th October and the interview is scheduled for the 19th November!

And the fun part is that as a CR I'm not eligible until they approve my I-751, which after a bit of to and froing and me thinking I was approved because of the 'here comes your new green card' notifications that turned out to be from my I-551 ( ie. Thou mayst enter the US via 2015 paper trail stuff).
So I'm now humming and hawing about how late to leave an infopass appointment, my boss isn't going to be too chuffed (best tell him soon!) that I'm going to slope off in November at the busiest time of year as it is, let alone for taking time for an infopass as well!
Old Oct 8th 2018, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hawkini
I can't remember if I turned mine off or not... but I haven't received any since I became a citizen!
Ooops - yes OK I received one today. Now turned them off since it's a little pointless...!

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Congratulations Hawkini,
I received notification of my interview date a couple of days ago. I become eligible for naturalisation on 26th October and the interview is scheduled for the 19th November!

And the fun part is that as a CR I'm not eligible until they approve my I-751, which after a bit of to and froing and me thinking I was approved because of the 'here comes your new green card' notifications that turned out to be from my I-551 ( ie. Thou mayst enter the US via 2015 paper trail stuff).
So I'm now humming and hawing about how late to leave an infopass appointment, my boss isn't going to be too chuffed (best tell him soon!) that I'm going to slope off in November at the busiest time of year as it is, let alone for taking time for an infopass as well!
If you have an interview date I'd just appear at that - be up front and mention the I-751 if you haven't heard anything about it but they might adjudicate the I-751 at the interview? Never heard of that happening but I don't see why they wouldn't if it's the only thing left stopping you becoming a citizen...