Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Have you ever had to apply for a B-2 because your ESTA wasn't authorized entry?

Have you ever had to apply for a B-2 because your ESTA wasn't authorized entry?

Old Aug 27th 2017, 5:14 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have you ever had to apply for a B-2 because your ESTA wasn't authorized entry?

Originally Posted by ilikeitlikethat
No more guessing

Here' the information

I have never been convicted.
It's on a case by case basis and in my case of cautionary tales, I've complied, behaved and submitted, so... I'm going to try my best.

My checklist goes...

DS-160 [x]
Passport [x]
Valid USA visa photos [x]
ACRO []
PDF []
Appointment []

Once I have all these I'd attend with addresses and answers and contact details of my school UK, my employer in the UK, my bank details, my finances and how I'm paying and how it's all legitimate. I'd go with all the documnets and details to hand, in a ring binder maybe, where I'm compiling everything now.
Good luck, and please come back and let us know the outcome.

Rene
Old Aug 27th 2017, 5:19 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have you ever had to apply for a B-2 because your ESTA wasn't authorized entry?

Originally Posted by Guindalf
... apart from the Embassy on London, which is officially American soil...
To clarify, the US Embassy is not on US soil. And, for the record, the US Consular Service where non-US citizens go to get visas - is also not on US soil. There are treaties in place so that, for example, UK laws are suspended for any USC once inside the US Embassy. The US Embassy provides diplomatic immunity for USCs within its compound... but it is not US soil. There is also no diplomatic immunity for non-USCs - who normally wouldn't even be allowed to enter the US Embassy.

You might recall that Julian Assange was granted asylum by Ecuador and this is why he remains holed up in the Ecuador Embassy in London. He's free to leave at any time, but he'll likely be arrested the moment he leaves their protection.

Ian
Old Aug 27th 2017, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

ilikeitlikethat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Good luck, and please come back and let us know the outcome.

Rene
Thank you and indeed, before I posted on here, I had never even heard of DS-160 for my B-2 that I want..
But now I have my DS-160 and a direction.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 5:23 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I've complied, behaved and submitted, so... I'm going to try my best.
Just so you know, the ConOffs often make a decision before you ever approach their window - so you may not be allowed to present any evidence. Still, good luck to you.

Ian
Old Aug 27th 2017, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

So somebody who gets convicted of robbing someone or burglary does but me with no convictions when I've seen it on writing on BritishExpats
UK Police Cautions/Warnings and US Immigration Law | British Expatriate Community
and doing everything honestly and by the book.
Yes. Multiple people are telling you that you are inadmissible, as is the CIMT that you refer to here. Multiple people are also telling you that you might get a one time allowance to obtain a visa known as a waiver of inadmissibility. Multiple people are also telling you that you're unlikely to get that as it hasn't been long enough since your crimes.

To refer to your point about a caution not being a conviction, you actually quote the very part that means whether or not it is true, is totally irrelevant as we know it isn't acted on by the consular officers. The bit, and the only bit, that should matter to you out of your own quote, is this:

the absence of a “conviction” does not preclude a finding of criminal inadmissibility for purposes of US immigration.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 11:54 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

So somebody who gets convicted of robbing someone or burglary does but me with no convictions when I've seen it on writing on BritishExpats
UK Police Cautions/Warnings and US Immigration Law | British Expatriate Community
and doing everything honestly and by the book.
Where did you read that robbers and burglars have been granted visas?

But it doesn't matter what happens to other people. It's what happens to you that you should be concerned about.

Have you sought help for your problems? So far we've got $165 visa fee, a trip to London to the embassy, an air fare to Portland, hotel costs, hundreds in excess baggage fees, all to get high. Sounds like you have lost control of the situation.

You can get rolls of quarters for the "laundry mat" at Walmart when you get your case of soda. But better check first that the Crown Vic isn't in the shop for repairs that day or it could be disastrous.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Redwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if the OP is aware that US authorities read these sites.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
Where did you read that robbers and burglars have been granted visas?

But it doesn't matter what happens to other people. It's what happens to you that you should be concerned about.

Have you sought help for your problems? So far we've got $165 visa fee, a trip to London to the embassy, an air fare to Portland, hotel costs, hundreds in excess baggage fees, all to get high. Sounds like you have lost control of the situation.

You can get rolls of quarters for the "laundry mat" at Walmart when you get your case of soda. But better check first that the Crown Vic isn't in the shop for repairs that day or it could be disastrous.
We're you always this nervous or pessimistic? Or do you just like being salty?
I'm fine with
$160.00 visa fee.
London.
No one said anything about flying to Portland or that I had problem with my trip and my plans.

Going to the US embassy in London is no problem for someone in London, remember that.
Paying $160.00 for a visa is no problem.
Since when was flying to Eugene flying to Portland?
Since when you do you get to judge where I go guitar shopping?
You might not see my trip for the awesome trip it is, but that's irrelevant.
No matter how many times I've said I'm doing it by the book who tell me 'wait' Vs. 'it's on there forever', I just remind you case by case basis.
If I'm not honest, then that's stupid and reckless.

Last edited by ilikeitlikethat; Aug 27th 2017 at 1:20 pm.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 3:19 pm
Account Closed

Since when was flying to Eugene flying to Portland?
I suggest you take a refresher course in reading comprehension. The only person who's mentioned Eugene in this entire thread is you!

Since when you do you get to judge where I go guitar shopping?
We get to pass judgment on everything that's posted. Such is the nature of an online forum.

No matter how many times I've said I'm doing it by the book...
Yes - well, except for not disclosing incidents that aren't on your ACRO certificate when you're obligated to make those disclosures. Yes... by the book! Don't make me laugh!

Ian
Old Aug 27th 2017, 3:27 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Yes - well, except for not disclosing incidents that aren't on your ACRO certificate when you're obligated to make those disclosures. Yes... by the book! Don't make me laugh!

Ian
You couldn't make this up, could you? I've never seen anyone make such an issue about being honest and "by the book" when he wouldn't know honesty if he fell over it.

What's that quote about protesting too much?

You just know this is one of those things he's going to look back on when he's grown up and say "what the gods was I thinking?" Still, it'll be a good anecdote for the grandchildren one day.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

I've learned yesterday to disclose everything anyway and I mean to comply with whatever I have to do.
I've learned this by filling out my DS-160 and complying when it said 'disclose everything, doesn't matter if spent'; So I did.

It's always better to not hide, these things are clear to me if they weren't as clear to me before for wondering if it mattered or not because it was spent... Turns out it doesn't matter if it's spent, it still matters, so naturally I included it.

Last edited by ilikeitlikethat; Aug 27th 2017 at 3:56 pm.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I suggest you take a refresher course in reading comprehension. The only person who's mentioned Eugene in this entire thread is you!
Since I plan to fly to Eugene, I can see why I say such things.
I only plan to go to Portland for the day.
By coach.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 4:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the OP has gotten all the help he's going to get on this thread, so I'm closing it. I suggest the OP come back and post a new thread with an update after his visa interview. I know we would all like to know if the visa was granted or not.

Rene