Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Has this mistake messed up my I-130 application ?

Wikiposts

Has this mistake messed up my I-130 application ?

Old Aug 19th 2011, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Coopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really nice
Default Has this mistake messed up my I-130 application ?

Hi all,

Currently cursing myself, as I've just realised that I have attached normal UK size passport photos on the G-325 A forms. Yup, careless error on my part, and I think I've invented some new swear words over the past hour ?
Now the $404 payment has already been taken. I just need to ask, will I have to start all over again (with another payment ?) should I contact The Embassy to explain my error and offer to send the correct sized pics ? or sit and wait to see what The Embassy says ??
Hope this is not a bad end to a bad week
Old Aug 19th 2011, 3:27 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has this mistake messed up my I-130 application ?

Originally Posted by Coopernaut
Hi all,

Currently cursing myself, as I've just realised that I have attached normal UK size passport photos on the G-325 A forms. Yup, careless error on my part, and I think I've invented some new swear words over the past hour ?
Now the $404 payment has already been taken. I just need to ask, will I have to start all over again (with another payment ?) should I contact The Embassy to explain my error and offer to send the correct sized pics ? or sit and wait to see what The Embassy says ??
Hope this is not a bad end to a bad week
In my experience, this is not the type of error that the Dark Forces care about. The requirement was put into the regulations in 1987 for spousal I-130's only with the idea of avoiding creation of "slots" to be sold to potential immigrants. I understand that this was actually happening in Asia. Idea of a photo was simply to create an obstacle to this practice. Inasmuch as the photo was not used to generate any official document, the Dark Forces have never been picky about it.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

Coopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really nice

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
In my experience, this is not the type of error that the Dark Forces care about. The requirement was put into the regulations in 1987 for spousal I-130's only with the idea of avoiding creation of "slots" to be sold to potential immigrants. I understand that this was actually happening in Asia. Idea of a photo was simply to create an obstacle to this practice. Inasmuch as the photo was not used to generate any official document, the Dark Forces have never been picky about it.

OK Thanks! Obviously I'll make sure to get the right ones for the interview. Love your term "Dark Forces", makes it sound like I'm applying to get into Hogwarts!!
Old Aug 19th 2011, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

katiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of light

Hey, my Fiance and I have started referring to our not yet arrived interview date letter as our Hogwarts Letter... the HP references certainly help keep an air of amusement and relieve the tension lol!
Old Aug 19th 2011, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Did you file the I-130 with the NVC in the US or the US Embassy in London?

If the latter then last year we certainly sent UK-sized photos with the G-325s and it wasn't a problem for us. I think the US size is only required for the actual interview.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rpjs
Did you file the I-130 with the NVC in the US or the US Embassy in London?

If the latter then last year we certainly sent UK-sized photos with the G-325s and it wasn't a problem for us. I think the US size is only required for the actual interview.
Hi!, sorry forgot to say that it was the US Embassy in London.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 5:04 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Point of Clarification: Actually it was with the USCIS Field Office in London. The office is located in the embassy compound, but it's nevertheless a part of the Department of Homeland Security, not a part of the Department of State.

Regards, JEff
Old Aug 19th 2011, 7:25 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coopernaut
OK Thanks! Obviously I'll make sure to get the right ones for the interview. Love your term "Dark Forces", makes it sound like I'm applying to get into Hogwarts!!
I've sometimes engaged in discussions with their minions and jokingly call them that -- with a smile.