Wikiposts

Happy Fourth of July Everyone...

Old Jul 4th 2004, 4:49 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough
Default Happy Fourth of July Everyone...

Especially to Jim, Steve (as in Steve and Lisa) Ian and all the others who are celebrating their first Independence day as Americans!! And to all our American friends and soon-to-be Americans on the forum. Have a lovely day...
It's my second independence day as an American. Ken and I will be celebrating once again by taking in the fireworks at Riverfront Park. We have rather a lovely day here. Cool but nice. Weatherman says take a jacket ...
http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcar...ode=9498551435
Ranjini
Old Jul 4th 2004, 9:40 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Happy Fourth of July Everyone...

Originally posted by Ranjini
Especially to Jim, Steve (as in Steve and Lisa) Ian and all the others who are celebrating their first Independence day as Americans!! And to all our American friends and soon-to-be Americans on the forum. Have a lovely day...
It's my second independence day as an American. Ken and I will be celebrating once again by taking in the fireworks at Riverfront Park. We have rather a lovely day here. Cool but nice. Weatherman says take a jacket ...
Ranjini
Thanks Ranjini and the same to you!! My DH said he was going to raise the Union Jack, however I was able to nip that suggestion in the bud, .
Old Jul 4th 2004, 10:05 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Ranjini

Thanks, Ranjini. The resident New American has decided that the three day weekend means not leaving the house and his computer room for the full three days. He is not big on holidays ;-(

Happy Independence Day everyone.

Rete
Old Jul 4th 2004, 10:24 am
Banned

Originally posted by cindyabs
Thanks Ranjini and the same to you!! My DH said he was going to raise the Union Jack, however I was able to nip that suggestion in the bud, .
Tell him no way, Cindy Also tell him that Bush and Blair are in talks as we speak to turn Britain into a colony and hopefully raise the American flag there Here's is my favourite dog Chudleigh from West Sussex raising the American flag there:
http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?pv=J401EN
Old Jul 4th 2004, 11:07 am
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by cindyabs
You could raise the Grand Union flag, that'd be acceptable, after all, it was the first flag of the United States; being the official flag flown on July 4th, 1776.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 11:37 am
Banned

Originally posted by nathan barley
You could raise the Grand Union flag, that'd be acceptable, after all, it was the first flag of the United States; being the official flag flown on July 4th, 1776.
Fly the old glory or nothing!!
http://www.lovethissite.com/oldglory/
Old Jul 4th 2004, 1:09 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

It's my second independence day as an American. Ken and I will be celebrating once again by taking in the fireworks at Riverfront Park.
Thanks Ranjini. On Friday, my coworkers and I went out for lunch at our local Texas Roadhouse. I arrived about 10 minutes after the rest of them, and when I arrived I was absolutely surprised. They had made a 5" long banner which read "He's Proud to be an American" with flags all over it and the two photos I posted here - the one with me and the judge at my oath ceremony and the one with me and my certificate. They even had presents for me as they officially welcomed me to the US (even though I've been working there for 3.5 years). They gave me a t-shirt with "America" on the front done in red, white and blue letters; a brass Statue of Liberty clock; a Yankee Doodle beanie baby; and some other bits and pieces. Their kindness and well wishes were quite overwhelming. Made me proud to be an American!

Ian
Old Jul 4th 2004, 1:14 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ian-mstm
They had made a 5" long banner which read...
D'Oh! That should read 5', not 5". Duh! It was huge!

Ian
Old Jul 4th 2004, 1:25 pm
Banned

Originally posted by ian-mstm
Thanks Ranjini. On Friday, my coworkers and I went out for lunch at our local Texas Roadhouse. I arrived about 10 minutes after the rest of them, and when I arrived I was absolutely surprised. They had made a 5" long banner which read "He's Proud to be an American" with flags all over it and the two photos I posted here - the one with me and the judge at my oath ceremony and the one with me and my certificate. They even had presents for me as they officially welcomed me to the US (even though I've been working there for 3.5 years). They gave me a t-shirt with "America" on the front done in red, white and blue letters; a brass Statue of Liberty clock; a Yankee Doodle beanie baby; and some other bits and pieces. Their kindness and well wishes were quite overwhelming. Made me proud to be an American!
Ian
It was the thing that surprised me the most!! The big ol' grins on the faces of my in-laws, even my dour brother-in-law who never smiles or talks very much. He had the goofiest smile on his face the day I became an American. My husband would annouce it to anyone and everyone who would listen and every face would break out in huge grins.... The kindness IS overwhelming!! These yanks are an amazing lot... I have grown to love them all dearly
I am happy for you Ian...
Old Jul 4th 2004, 2:47 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by nathan barley

Personally I always liked the one the New England colonies used-the coiled snake with the legend- "Don't tread on me."
Old Jul 4th 2004, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Well this was my first 4th of July in the US. I must say, it was a good time. Went to the in-laws place and had a barbeque and hung out in their back yard. My husband and I didn't have quite as "good" of a time as everyone else, as everyone was drunk and neither of us touch alcohol ever, but regardless it was a nice night. I was thoroughly surprised at how many random kids were lighting fireworks all night - that's something I'm not used to. All in all, a great night. Happy 4th of July, everyone
Old Jul 4th 2004, 3:38 pm
round 2, ding-ding.

tortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nice

happy 4th july :)

my poor husband will never be free of the brits >:)
Old Jul 4th 2004, 5:26 pm
Christina

Thanks Ranjini....same to you!!

We'll be watching from our house at Long Lake......I see that you are
a fellow Spokanite! Happy 4th!
Chris

Old Jul 4th 2004, 5:53 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Christina
Thanks Ranjini....same to you!!

We'll be watching from our house at Long Lake......I see that you are
a fellow Spokanite! Happy 4th!
Chris
Hi Neighbour!!! just got home from watching the fireworks on North Post Hill a few blocks from our house. My dour brother-in-law lives close to you on the river at 9 mile... hope you enjoyed the fireworks...
Old Jul 4th 2004, 7:37 pm
Gaylord

> --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

I had my first 4th of July, we went down to the local firework display then
we set some off in the Garden, it was great fun.... The Local firework
display was really good.. I even went down in my England football top to
show support I did expect to get lynched.. but everyone was really
friendly (as usual)

It was great fun... now the next big holiday is in November right?
Thanksgiving.. thats gonna be a blast!

Jay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.