Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

H4 visa rejected for uncanny reason

H4 visa rejected for uncanny reason

Old Sep 9th 2002, 10:51 am
Walrus Riverside

Default H4 visa rejected for uncanny reason

My wife's H4 visa application in Canada was rejected this morning for the specific
reason that I don't have a visa stamp on my passport after I switched job in US.
Presented to the US consulate officers were two original sets of my H1 approval,
employment letter, paystubs, from both my current and previous employer. I have two
H1 visa in my passport associalted with the previous company. My wife has two
previous H4 visa too. Two officers interviewed her and gave her the same result. I
was asked to go out side of US, get a new visa stamp on my passport, before my wife
can get hers. And there will be this chance that my H1 visa get rejcted. Does this
make any sense to you? Should I appeal? if yes, where and how should I approach?

Thank you very much.

Old Sep 9th 2002, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Manish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really nice
Default Re: H4 visa rejected for uncanny reason

You did a mistake, if you had previously stamped H1B visa in your Passport and your wife also had H4 stamp( even if expired but not more than 1 year) you could have easily revalidated your H1B or H4 visa in US.
I hope new law states that if you try to get Visa in Canada or Mexico and if it is rejected or not granted then you can not reenter US, in such case you should go to your home countary get the Visa then enter US.
I dont think you can appeal.
how to revalidate H, L, O Visa in US please visit:
www.immihelp.com