H1B Visa renewal

Old Jun 21st 2010, 12:07 am
Just Joined

cosmicgirl33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default H1B Visa renewal

Just wondered how this process worked?
We have been told that we have to complete the H1B form application form again and then we have to go to the US Emabssy in England and wait for them to process it before returning to the US. We have also been told that my qife and son do not have to complete any paperwork just show up with me with birth certificates and marriage certificate.
Does this sound right to those of you who have been through this.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H1B Visa renewal

The company lawyer files the renewal paperwork and your HIB "status" gets renewed for another three years. Then at some point, unless you travel for your job and need the new stamp in your passport immediately, you go to a US embassy whenever is convenient for you and renew so that you may enter the country with your up to date visa.
You do have to wait to get your passport back so that you may travel back to the US.

You don't have to be out of the country to renew status - you do have to go out of the country to renew the visa in your passport. Think about Nassau or Toronto unless a UK trip is planned.

I personally don't know about family but I would assume that they have to have their visas renewed too.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 2:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Orangepants
I personally don't know about family but I would assume that they have to have their visas renewed too.
Yes I'm pretty sure we as the wife and kids all had to have the paperwork done and renewed our visas. We did it in London.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 6:58 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

did our renewal in London under advice from the company lawyer. We were told if you go for the renewal 'interview' in a different country (i.e. not where you did the initial interview), it can add a few more days to the turnaround. We decided it would be easier to be in the UK with no passports rather than a 'foreign' country
Old Jun 21st 2010, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

renewed our H visas (H1 for oh and H4 for me and the kids) several times in Canada. Because Canada is not your home country they are not obliged to process your renewal, but we never had any problems and the turn around was 3 working days.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:08 am
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisa67
renewed our H visas (H1 for oh and H4 for me and the kids) several times in Canada. Because Canada is not your home country they are not obliged to process your renewal, but we never had any problems and the turn around was 3 working days.

well that's worth knowing as mine will be up for renewal at the end of next year (although we 'might' have our green cards by then )
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul S
well that's worth knowing as mine will be up for renewal at the end of next year (although we 'might' have our green cards by then )
getting an appointment is a pain in the back side as they only issue dates/times 6 weeks in advance so be prepared to spend 24/7 on the computer when your time comes.
Good Luck with the GC....still waiting for mine....been here 10 years!!!