H1B traveling to UK

Old Jan 26th 2001, 11:08 pm
wilson_shou

Hi there,

I have a general question regarding traveling. I'm currently on H1 but my passport has not
been stamped (changed status to H1 from F1 practical training). Now I need to travel to UK
to attend a conference and I'm just wondering if there will be any problem getting back to
US from UK. Do I need to go to the US consulate in UK to get my H1 visa stamped onto my
passport in order to get back, or this can be done at the airport immigration desk? Is it
advisable that I first go to Canada to get my passport stamped before leaving for UK? Your
response will be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Wilson

Old Jan 28th 2001, 1:27 am
ctd123

You will not be readmitted back into the U.S. with out a visa in your passport for your
H-1. As for coming to Canada to get one that will require an appointment which is six
weeks away. If you are not a resident of the UK they can refuse to give you a visa
there also.