H1B question

Old Mar 11th 2016, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Ricky_85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: H1B question

Plus, related to my last question.
I just read a statement from yesterday's debate.
'Pause of all legal migration' for one year or two.
This can't happen right? Even in iran it's almost possible to migrate.. this proposal would not be doable right?
Old Mar 11th 2016, 6:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Who made it?
Old Mar 11th 2016, 6:34 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ricky_85
This can't happen right? Even in iran it's almost possible to migrate.. this proposal would not be doable right?
Well the President could suspend the issuance of all work and immigration visas, absolutely he (or she ) could!
Old Mar 11th 2016, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

It was trump..
The fact that this statement is not being picked up by the media and also in this forum today, probably means that he is just posture for his base with no real implications... no country can eliminate completely legal immigration..
Old Mar 11th 2016, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

1004ron is an unknown quantity at this point

Good practice to offer references when using comments like that in a debate, then we'll all know who made such a comment and in what context, ......of course it is a possibility.
Old Mar 11th 2016, 6:52 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... no country can eliminate completely legal immigration..
Yes they can - they can shut down the visa process, as I said above.

I am not saying it would be sensible, or popular with everyone, but it would be quite easy to do.
Old Mar 11th 2016, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Trump should be the last to speak against legal immigration, btw... two of her three wifes are 'immigrants' just as her mother.
Out of respect for them....
If he, instead, wants to tackle illegal immigration, fine by me
Old Mar 11th 2016, 10:49 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... no country can eliminate completely legal immigration..
If the President issues an executive order to that effect, yes - he can!

Out of respect for them....
I don't think the word "respect" is in his vocabulary.

Ian
Old Mar 12th 2016, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

... two of her three wifes are 'immigrants' just as her mother.
What's with that?
Old Mar 12th 2016, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Anyway, unless he wants to overhaul the entire immigration issue with a pen, he has to deal with Congress, and Congress will try to mitigate anything relating to legal immigration.
Plus, there are secret tapes from the NY Times, not released, where he might have softened his position on immigration across the board.
Old Mar 12th 2016, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

FlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Either Trump or Sanders could/ would, if they're serious about helping the lot of the American worker. Too much cheap labour has held down wage growth for the past 30 years.
Trump may also help the lot of the American worker by triggering some Americans to 'self-emigrate' - to Canada for example. That may create a few badly needed job vacancies.

The sudden interest in Canadian immigration from many of my 'born and bred' American friends surprises me. Undoubtedly it'll move straight onto the back burner once reality sets in. What do you mean, not all countries want to accept just any American? But, but... we're the greatest and bestest country in the world?!
Old Mar 12th 2016, 6:38 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway, unless he wants to overhaul the entire immigration issue with a pen, he has to deal with Congress, and Congress will try to mitigate anything relating to legal immigration.
You seem very heavily invested in this. Why? It's not like you, personally, are going to be able to do anything whatsoever about it regardless of what happens - so what difference could it possibly make to you?

Plus, there are secret tapes from the NY Times, not released, where he might have softened his position on immigration across the board.
Oh dear god... do you actually believe that there are "secret tapes from the NY Times, not released"?

Ian
Old Mar 12th 2016, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You seem very heavily invested in this. Why? It's not like you, personally, are going to be able to do anything whatsoever about it regardless of what happens - so what difference could it possibly make to you?

Oh dear god... do you actually believe that there are "secret tapes from the NY Times, not released"?

Ian
It's already rather difficult to get a work visa as it is... i don't want someone to make even more stringent rules for legal imm.
I don't know about the tapes, but i hope trump's posture is just that... i hope he can be more flexible on legal imm should he win
Old Mar 12th 2016, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

If they're not released, where did you read or hear about it - common man, post reference's or it's just hearsay, ......and you know what value is placed on hearsay.
Old Mar 12th 2016, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

The ny times "tapes" is basically a "off the record" conversation trump had with the newspaper where he arguably softens his stance on immigration. Trump denies it but this issue has been picked up at the fox debate by cruz, among others

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.