Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

H1B - Police Background Check Paperwork

H1B - Police Background Check Paperwork

Old Aug 13th 2013, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H1B - Police Background Check Paperwork

Originally Posted by civilservant
Seriously? Not even an ACRO report? I didn't know that, and it surprises me.
Same for me....I told them i was a good boy and that was it. No proof required
Old Aug 13th 2013, 6:07 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DavidLemon
And they believed you?
Old Aug 13th 2013, 6:09 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Can we just be clear here, if you answer 'yes' to the DS-160 question that asks if you have ever been arrested or convicted of a crime, then you will be asked to provide an ACRO certificate.

Whether the CO actually looks at it, or is interested in it, is their decision. You will still be asked for it before attending interview.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Can we just be clear here, if you answer 'yes' to the DS-160 question that asks if you have ever been arrested or convicted of a crime, then you will be asked to provide an ACRO certificate.

Whether the CO actually looks at it, or is interested in it, is their decision. You will still be asked for it before attending interview.
We can be as clear as you want, i was just stating my experience, which was in regards to someone else saying that they thought it hard to believe you dont need them for H1. I did not and thus said as such.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 6:13 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

We can be as clear as you want, i was just stating my experience, which was in regards to someone else saying that they thought it hard to believe you dont need them for H1. I did not and thus said as such.
Did you check 'yes' or 'no' to the question on the DS-160 concerning whether you had been arrested or convicted of a criminal offence?
Old Aug 13th 2013, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Did you check 'yes' or 'no' to the question on the DS-160 concerning whether you had been arrested or convicted of a criminal offence?
Now now, i owe you nothing but you demand everything lol

It is quite obvious in which i did or did not tick because in my original post i said all i had to do was say i was a good boy, and that i did not have to prove it.

Just to be clear, i never said anything about conditions...I clearly responded to another post that found it hard to believe. My post was a response to that in which i concurred with another poster in which ACRO was not required for my application. Im not disputing your words about when it is required, and have no interest in trying to placate you on this matter. I just pointed out that in my experience it was not required as part of the process.

Now drop it please, you have started to give my aspirin a headache

Last edited by DavidLemon; Aug 13th 2013 at 6:25 pm.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 6:24 pm
Banned

I think this thread has two separate arguments going. The original question asked about an ACRO certificate for a H1B. The correct answer was 50% given; none is required. The latter part of the answer was then provided which states you MUST obtain an ACRO certificate IF you answer 'yes' to the aforementioned question.

Clearly, you didn't have to select a positive answer to that, hence no ACRO request
Old Aug 13th 2013, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Buzzinabout is an unknown quantity at this point

Google is ok but REAL experience from people on a forum not off search engine reference machine is better
Old Aug 13th 2013, 8:45 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Thats what we're here for!
Old Aug 13th 2013, 9:00 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzinabout
Google is ok but REAL experience from people on a forum not off search engine reference machine is better
OK. So whereabouts were you arrested?
Old Aug 13th 2013, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Buzzinabout
Hi Guys, just wondering if I have to show any character references or Police Background Check paperwork at the US Embassy for a H1B visa interview.

TY.
We didn't need the checks done. My advice would be to take everything you can think of, but only show what asked for. We only had to show the very minimum and answer a few basic questions.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 4:06 pm
Banned

Now drop it please, you have started to give my aspirin a headache
Drop what? The discussion concerning whether you need to present an ACRO cert?

I've simply clarified the conditions under whether you would be required to present an ACRO certificate or not. That's what this forum is for you, ya know - sharing experiences and knowledge.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Drop what? The discussion concerning whether you need to present an ACRO cert?

I've simply clarified the conditions under whether you would be required to present an ACRO certificate or not. That's what this forum is for you, ya know - sharing experiences and knowledge.
And yet when someone shared their experiences you appeared to jump up on your soap box and then it became the Spanish Inquisition. Thus I asked you to drop it, as your badgering about what i did or did not tick did not contribute nor change the meaning of my first post on this matter.

Anyways im done on this topic, it clearly touched a nerve with you but hey my post was not aimed in your direction so at the end of the day..>Ho Hum
Old Aug 14th 2013, 5:00 pm
Banned

And yet when someone shared their experiences you appeared to jump up on your soap box and then it became the Spanish Inquisition. Thus I asked you to drop it, as your badgering about what i did or did not tick did not contribute nor change the meaning of my first post on this matter.
No, I provided the second half of the answer as there ARE conditions to which an ACRO certificate must be provided. It's important that was mentioned, and also (as you did) made clear when it ISN'T required.

If you object to that, then I suggest you've come to the wrong place.

Incidentially, who cares what option you checked on the box? I doubt anyone here cares, and I certainly don't. It seems like you're getting yourself very upset about something which no one else could give a hoot about.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 5:33 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Incidentially, who cares what option you checked on the box? I doubt anyone here cares, and I certainly don't.
Well... if you don't care, then why did you ask? You can't have it both ways!

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.