British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   H1b interview tomorrow (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/h1b-interview-tomorrow-635700/)

sarahlou145 Oct 14th 2009 4:20 pm

H1b interview tomorrow

This time tomorrow we will hopefully have the green light to properly start making our plans :) (other than in our heads that is!)

We have our interview at 930 in London tomorrow, just been double checking (well triple checking!!) we have all the paperwork ready. Got a nice early start tomorrow, but hopefully it will be worth it.

All being well I hope to be reporting back good news tomorrow.

On another note we still havent heard about the L1 visa since we sent back the additional information :( They received it on 6th October, Maybe Im destined to be a stay at home wife :)

meauxna Oct 14th 2009 5:31 pm

Re: H1b interview tomorrow

Best wishes for tomorrow and hang tight on the L. It's only been a week!
:)

SarahG Oct 14th 2009 6:48 pm

Best of luck at the interview tomorrow. Husbands H1B interview was over before we knew it and we were surprised at the lack of questions.

Am sure all will be fine and go smoothly. :fingerscrossed:

NYCbound Oct 14th 2009 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by sarahlou145 (Post 8016213)
This time tomorrow we will hopefully have the green light to properly start making our plans :) (other than in our heads that is!)

We have our interview at 930 in London tomorrow, just been double checking (well triple checking!!) we have all the paperwork ready. Got a nice early start tomorrow, but hopefully it will be worth it.

All being well I hope to be reporting back good news tomorrow.

On another note we still havent heard about the L1 visa since we sent back the additional information :( They received it on 6th October, Maybe Im destined to be a stay at home wife :)

Good Luck!!!

sarahlou145 Oct 15th 2009 1:11 pm

Arrived at the embassy at 830, queued until 910. Got our number N280 :)
got called to the first desk (number 5) at 930, and everything was fine, took a seat and got called to the second desk (number 20) at around 1040.
Hubbie did get asked lots of questions, which i dont think he was expecting, and everytime he answered, the guy asked another question. Felt like we were stood at that window forever, in fact it was only 5 mins!! They asked me a few questions about my recent trips to the US.
Then he said the magical words
"Your visa has been approved, good luck with your company, and have a fabulous time in San Francisco"
I really expected it to be declined when he asked so many questions.
We paid for our passports to be couriered, and were outside by 1055.
So its all go go go now. Hope to go out end of next week to house hunt for 10 days, then come home for a family wedding, then hope to actually move to SF to live wc: 9th or 16th November
Thanks for everyones advice during this process
We still havent heard about the L1, but hubbie isnt keen on another interview like that!!! so he is now talking about me becoming a stay at home wife, ive said 'we will discuss it'!!

Right off to start making concrete plans :)

lisa67 Oct 15th 2009 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by sarahlou145 (Post 8018666)
Arrived at the embassy at 830, queued until 910. Got our number N280 :)
got called to the first desk (number 5) at 930, and everything was fine, took a seat and got called to the second desk (number 20) at around 1040.
Hubbie did get asked lots of questions, which i dont think he was expecting, and everytime he answered, the guy asked another question. Felt like we were stood at that window forever, in fact it was only 5 mins!! They asked me a few questions about my recent trips to the US.
Then he said the magical words
"Your visa has been approved, good luck with your company, and have a fabulous time in San Francisco"
I really expected it to be declined when he asked so many questions.
We paid for our passports to be couriered, and were outside by 1055.
So its all go go go now. Hope to go out end of next week to house hunt for 10 days, then come home for a family wedding, then hope to actually move to SF to live wc: 9th or 16th November
Thanks for everyones advice during this process
We still havent heard about the L1, but hubbie isnt keen on another interview like that!!! so he is now talking about me becoming a stay at home wife, ive said 'we will discuss it'!!

Right off to start making concrete plans :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

rwoodfine Oct 15th 2009 2:27 pm

Congrats, just dont be on a flight before me :)

NYCbound Oct 15th 2009 2:49 pm

:thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with being a lady of leisure!

rwoodfine Oct 15th 2009 2:53 pm

I agree that way I get lots of cakes when I visit

Meryl Oct 15th 2009 3:15 pm

hey well done, when I got my visa approved I was so happy I did a wee whoop in the gardens opposite the embassy, didn't care if anyone thought I was a nutter lol.

:thumbsup:

SarahG Oct 15th 2009 3:37 pm

Congrats on the outcome of the interview! :thumbsup:

Burn1911 Oct 15th 2009 6:03 pm

YAY congratulations - I was an H4 for 18 months (I am a FREAK as I loved it) if you need any tips on how to keep busy I can bore you to death with what I did!! :thumbup:

BayareaJoe Oct 19th 2009 5:50 am

Congrats on the H1B. Warning, though, living in this part of the world can pretty much spoil you for anywhere else and you may not want to leave :D If you can get through the first year (which for most ex-pats is the hardest, as living here is NOT like what you see on TV or at the Movies), you will likely be hooked.