Wikiposts

As a H1b Holder...

Old Jun 1st 2001, 6:45 pm
SOrford

A few points...

-I'm a H1b1 from the UK. I got approached to work in the US- I was not looking. -The
company I'm going to work for offered me a job because they couldn't find anyone.
They wouldn't have gone to all the trouble and wait if they could. -They had to prove
they were paying prevailing wage - how can that be cheap labour? -Getting my H1b has
not been an easy process -very drawn out.

I'm not a sneaky immigrant trying to get into the US for any other reason than to
work for a company that has asked me to. The pay is comparable to my currewnt job in
the UK, I'm coming over because I want to experience a different culture, not because
I want to steal US jobs.

I'm not trying to stir trouble, just expressing a viewpoint.

By the way, is there really any point in namecalling on a newsgroup?

Old Jun 2nd 2001, 2:42 am
Joachim Feise

SOrford wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Well, these guys are not really residing in this newsgroup. They have taken over
alt.computer.consultants some time ago, and they fight their silly flamewars there.
Sometimes they crosspost, because they need new people to fight with. They of course
don't realize that they are their own worst enemies, and nobody is taking them
serious. As a result, the people who really want to discuss computer consulting have
started alt.computer.consultants.moderated.

-Joe