H1B to Green Card

Old Mar 18th 2013, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H1B to Green Card

Originally Posted by DavidLemon
I wrote all of my letters for them too. All they had to do was print it out on company headed and sign them. We managed to get them all to comply with my requests, but it took a lot of time and effort. Our lawyer eventually had to ask one of the companies as they were adamant they were not going to do it. The lawyer asked nicely and they finally agreed.

I wonder if those documents could suffice for another application with another company? As in if you were to get another H1-B position and had to get all the documentation together, would you have to repeat the process or would it be ok to re-use the original letters of attestation from the first application?
Well we just submitted our O1 renewal and used about half of the original letters of attestation from the petition three years ago. Yes we wrote all our letters too - man - the stuff we wrote, made my husband truly sound like a superhero and they all signed them!!

Well Sarah then they are just plain mean and I bet they all go to church on Sunday believing they are great people...
Old Mar 18th 2013, 6:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Orangepants
Well we just submitted our O1 renewal and used about half of the original letters of attestation from the petition three years ago. Yes we wrote all our letters too - man - the stuff we wrote, made my husband truly sound like a superhero and they all signed them!!

Well Sarah then they are just plain mean and I bet they all go to church on Sunday believing they are great people...
I suspect that the previous company is still upset that he quit his H-1B job and moved to another company. I suspect that the previous company was trying to make sure he wouldn't leave by not sponsoring his family for green cards forcing him to look for another company that would.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 9:57 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahG
We've sent several emails and left messages. No response. All they need to do it print it, sign it and then scan it and email it back.
They aren't obligated to help you, no matter how easy it is for them.

Ian
Old Mar 19th 2013, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
I suspect that the previous company is still upset that he quit his H-1B job and moved to another company. I suspect that the previous company was trying to make sure he wouldn't leave by not sponsoring his family for green cards forcing him to look for another company that would.
I suspect you are correct.

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
They aren't obligated to help you, no matter how easy it is for them.

Ian
I know this. Still sucks. We'll continue to try though. I am a persistent, some would say stubborn as a mule, type of person and won't give up without a fight.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 2:14 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

We'll continue to try though. I am a persistent, some would say stubborn as a mule, type of person and won't give up without a fight.
I'm suddenly reminded of Andy Dufresne writing letters requesting funds for the library!

Ian
Old Mar 20th 2013, 3:51 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Currently waiting on Prevailing Wage and then recruitment will start. Lawyers reckon it will be received in 4 weeks. Been told we still need to try and get a letter from OH former employers even though they are ignoring all requests.
It's probably time for you to have a serious discussion with your lawyers about proceeding without this letter. Do you have any substitute evidence - contracts, pay documents, appraisals, etc.?
Old Mar 20th 2013, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
It's probably time for you to have a serious discussion with your lawyers about proceeding without this letter. Do you have any substitute evidence - contracts, pay documents, appraisals, etc.?
Yes, we have other documentation and a letter from their HR saying her worked there on the dates he said he did. The lawyers are carrying on with everything and it is not reliant on us getting this specific letter.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, we have other documentation and a letter from their HR saying her worked there on the dates he said he did. The lawyers are carrying on with everything and it is not reliant on us getting this specific letter.
During my process one of the companies refused to give any more than that very letter, one that stated the dates of employment. Prior to my Lawyer getting into a dialogue with them and pleading my case, by the power of social networking I was able to track down my ex-manager and he was more than willing to write a letter to attest to my development and skills. My lawyer said that this would be sufficient as I could prove the relationship was a professional one and he provided his professional contact details, so he would have checked out if required. The ex-managers letter would have been an addendum to the HR letter. It was not needed however, but it is something you can look into.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DavidLemon
During my process one of the companies refused to give any more than that very letter, one that stated the dates of employment. Prior to my Lawyer getting into a dialogue with them and pleading my case, by the power of social networking I was able to track down my ex-manager and he was more than willing to write a letter to attest to my development and skills. My lawyer said that this would be sufficient as I could prove the relationship was a professional one and he provided his professional contact details, so he would have checked out if required. The ex-managers letter would have been an addendum to the HR letter. It was not needed however, but it is something you can look into.
We have that too. Thankfully it is something my husband got quickly and easily. A letter from his manager and producer, who no longer work there, saying what he did, skills etc. It's just a royal pain in the bum that the owners of the company are being like this.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 4:07 pm
Account Closed

It's just a royal pain in the bum that the owners of the company are being like this.
If nothing else, document your attempts to get the information. It may come in handy if asked to show due diligence.

Ian
Old Apr 17th 2013, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Waiting for PWD from DoL. Lawyers advised us it would take about 4 weeks to get. The 4 weeks is up tomorrow but yesterday one of the lawyers advised us that there are delays due to the H1B quota being met.
More waiting.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

triptastic is on a distinguished road

Waiting for PWD from DoL. Lawyers advised us it would take about 4 weeks to get. The 4 weeks is up tomorrow but yesterday one of the lawyers advised us that there are delays due to the H1B quota being met.
More waiting.
Be prepared for more waiting. The PERM processing times seem like they are going backwards. Appears that without audit, typical wait times are up to 120 days, with audit up to 300 days.

When my PERM was submitted in August 2012, many cases were being certified in 60 days. I received a random audit, and am still waiting for a response. Very frustrating.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Bootle will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by triptastic
Be prepared for more waiting. The PERM processing times seem like they are going backwards. Appears that without audit, typical wait times are up to 120 days, with audit up to 300 days.

When my PERM was submitted in August 2012, many cases were being certified in 60 days. I received a random audit, and am still waiting for a response. Very frustrating.
PERM Audits are at June 30, 2012 and Analyst reviews are December 10, 2012.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hang on in there Sarah, you're nearly there, although I know that it's easier said than done. Fingers crossed that those waiting times improve
Old Apr 24th 2013, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Updated timescale. Delay in PWD filing due to getting job description ready and confirming all of husbands qualifications/skills etc along with getting letters from all bar 1 of previous employers. (They are still being a pain in the rear!)

04/01/09 H1B application. (3rd times a charm as quota met each of previous 2 attempts!)
08/13/09 US Embassy Interview London.
08/18/09 H1B & H4 Visas Arrive. We fly out to US (Indiana) October 2009.
11/15/11 H1B Transfer Application Started.
12/12/11 H1B Transfer Filed with USCIS.
02/09/12 H1B Transfer USCIS Receipt.
03/14/12 H1B Transfer Approved.
01/02/13 PERM Process Started.
03/18/13 PWD (Prevailing Wage) Filed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.