H1B to Green Card

Old Sep 19th 2013, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

princessconsuela is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: H1B to Green Card

Originally Posted by triptastic
I have an outstanding PERM from August 2012 that went to audit December 2012. Still waiting on a response.

I believe the DOL dates are based on when the PERM was first submitted.
Ok, well you're a month ahead of me and still wating so I'm sure I have at least another month - boo!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us!
Old Sep 19th 2013, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

triptastic is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by princessconsuela
Ok, well you're a month ahead of me and still wating so I'm sure I have at least another month - boo!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us!
The waiting has been painful, it feels like time has been going backwards. Thanks for the support.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

princessconsuela is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by triptastic
The waiting has been painful, it feels like time has been going backwards. Thanks for the support.
I know exactly how you feel! I heard from my attorney that they're currently auditing about 45% of PERM cases so I'm sure that's why it's taking so long.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute

No official word from USCIS, but many people are reporting that they were told by seceond level officers that employment-based visa numbers for FY2013 are exhausted. The good news is that the FY2014 numbers become available on Oct 1, 2013.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Still waiting to hear about the PERM application. It looks like they have jut started on June 2013 applications so we have around another 3 months to go.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

04/01/09 H1B application.
08/13/09 US Embassy Interview London.
08/18/09 H1B & H4 Visas Arrive. We fly out to US (Indiana) October 2009.
11/15/11 H1B Transfer Application Started.
12/12/11 H1B Transfer Filed with USCIS.
02/09/12 H1B Transfer USCIS Receipt.
03/14/12 H1B Transfer Approved.
01/02/13 PERM Process Started.
03/18/13 PWD (Prevailing Wage) Filed
05/01/13 PWD Issued
06/19/13 Recruitment Process Started
09/11/13 PERM Filed
04/10/14 PERM Approved
Old Apr 10th 2014, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Slowly but surely... Congrats - what is the next step?
Old Apr 10th 2014, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Orangepants
Slowly but surely... Congrats - what is the next step?
Next is the I-140 (Petition for Alien Worker) for husband and I-485 (AOS) for the 4 of us. Oh and we need to do the medical.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 4:39 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahG
Next is the I-140 (Petition for Alien Worker) for husband and I-485 (AOS) for the 4 of us. Oh and we need to do the medical.
Some general comments [albeit with some specific notes]:

There is a time window for filing of the I-140 which was started by the issuance of the PERM certification.

As for the I-485, it cannot be filed until the "priority date" [9-11-13 in your case] is current.

If the PD is current and you are still within the I-140 window, they can be filed together. Otherwise, the filing of the I-485 will have to wait.

[I note that EB-2 is current for "worldwide" but EB-3 is backlogged into 2012].
Old Apr 10th 2014, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Some general comments [albeit with some specific notes]:

There is a time window for filing of the I-140 which was started by the issuance of the PERM certification.

As for the I-485, it cannot be filed until the "priority date" [9-11-13 in your case] is current.

If the PD is current and you are still within the I-140 window, they can be filed together. Otherwise, the filing of the I-485 will have to wait.

[I note that EB-2 is current for "worldwide" but EB-3 is backlogged into 2012].
I believe they need to file the I-140 within 180 days of PERM approval otherwise the approval will expire. (I could be wrong though). We are all British citizens and are in the EB2 category so luckily it is current so don't have to wait years to get to PD.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just had email from lawyers telling us what we need to get together, passports, birth certs, marriage certs etc. Looks like company have decided to file I-140 & I-485 concurrently and are doing AOS for all of us. HR woman was not sure if they would just file for husbands AOS or all of us as a family and we would need to pay for me and the kids AOS.

Now the fun stuff of medicals and getting our photos done. I must admit I am not looking forward to copying every page of every passport we have ever had. Between the 4 of us we have 11 passports!
Old Apr 16th 2014, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahG
I must admit I am not looking forward to copying every page of every passport we have ever had. Between the 4 of us we have 11 passports!
Interesting.... I only submitted copies of every page of my then-current passport.

Did you already do the medicals? It may be worth your $ to see if you can dig out old vaccination records. (The Td vaccine is one often overlooked, and can be pricey).
Old Apr 16th 2014, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not had medicals yet. I'm having problems obtaining copies of my vaccination records. Nowhere seems to have them. Think I'll either get titre test or just get them all done again.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

retzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond repute

Be sure to get any vaccinations through your regular doctor, rather than the civil surgeon, so you have a chance of them being covered by insurance.

Originally Posted by jxv73
Interesting.... I only submitted copies of every page of my then-current passport.
The I-485 requirement is pretty modest, but lawyers usually collect everything, so they can sift for information you may have unwittingly omitted. In fact, I think my (successful) self-filed I-485 only had copies of my current info pages and previous US visas.

Originally Posted by I-485 instructions
3. Copy of passport page with nonimmigrant visa
If you have obtained a nonimmigrant visa(s) from a U.S.
Embassy or consulate abroad within the last year, submit
a photocopy(ies) of the page(s) of your passport
containing the visa(s).
Old Apr 28th 2014, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

04/01/09 H1B application.
08/13/09 US Embassy Interview London.
08/18/09 H1B & H4 Visas Arrive. We fly out to US (Indiana) October 2009.
11/15/11 H1B Transfer Application Started.
12/12/11 H1B Transfer Filed with USCIS.
02/09/12 H1B Transfer USCIS Receipt.
03/14/12 H1B Transfer Approved.
01/02/13 PERM Process Started.
03/18/13 PWD (Prevailing Wage) Filed
05/01/13 PWD Issued
06/19/13 Recruitment Process Started
09/11/13 PERM Filed
04/10/14 PERM Approved
04/28/14 Medical at Civil Surgeon office

Had medical today. Got my MMR vaccine on Friday at my doctors office, for free, as my vaccination history was lacking the information. Husband thought it was listed on his but it wasn't so he had to get the shot today at a cost of $125. We are having titre tests done to check for chicken pox at a cost of $55 each. Kids need a letter from pediatrician saying they have had pox or they will need shot or a titre test. It seems the list of vaccinations from their pediatrician which has a box checked saying they have had it is not enough. We've to go back on Wednesday for results of TB & syphilis test and the titre. The medical itself was $185 for each of us. We were only there for about an hour even though I was told it would be 30 minutes per person. My daughter had a freak out at the TB test but my son was fine. He actually asked her when she was going to do it after she'd done it. (His sister is a bit of a drama queen)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.