H1B to Green Card

Old Apr 24th 2013, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H1B to Green Card

My PWD was filed on 3/15/12. I got my E26 GC in hand on 1/30/13. You are not as far as you think!
Old May 1st 2013, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

PWD Issued today.

Timeline
04/01/09 H1B application. (3rd times a charm as quota met each of previous 2 attempts!)
08/13/09 US Embassy Interview London.
08/18/09 H1B & H4 Visas Arrive. We fly out to US (Indiana) October 2009.
11/15/11 H1B Transfer Application Started.
12/12/11 H1B Transfer Filed with USCIS.
02/09/12 H1B Transfer USCIS Receipt.
03/14/12 H1B Transfer Approved.
01/02/13 PERM Process Started.
03/18/13 PWD (Prevailing Wage) Filed
05/01/13 PWD Issued
Old May 1st 2013, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute

6 weeks for the PWD is pretty good actually. May take another 6 weeks (at least) before you can file the PERM.
-The NOF has to be up for 10 days
-Job order has to be up for 30 days
-Two advertisements in Sunday Papers
-Three other recruitment efforts.*
And then wait 30 days - this is called the "cooling off" period.
*One of the recruitment efforts can be done during the cooling-off.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Timeline
04/01/09 H1B application.
05/01/13 PWD Issued
06/19/13 Recruitment Process Started (Finally)
Old Jun 20th 2013, 2:07 am
BE Enthusiast

What recruitment steps were started?
Old Jun 20th 2013, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Online advertising and internally. Will be in Sunday paper for 1st time this weekend.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

04/01/09 H1B application.
05/01/13 PWD Issued
06/19/13 Recruitment Process Started
09/11/13 PERM Filed
Old Sep 11th 2013, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good luck with PERM. It has slowed down over the past months. Right now they are approving cases from March.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

triptastic is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jxv73
Good luck with PERM. It has slowed down over the past months. Right now they are approving cases from March.
And August 2012 if audited.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I can not be very specific and may be my post wont help but I remember last year when my employer started the process -

PWD started mid April, 2012 and my I-140 was approved end of September, 2012. So all up 5 and a half months end to end including recruitment process, PWD, PERM, I-140.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

princessconsuela is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm also on a H1B and trying to get a green card. I'm pulling my hair out though! I started this process 2 years ago and it's going so slowly.

My PERM was submitted 31 Sept 2012 and an audit was requested in December. We responded to the audit in January but are STILL waiting. The website says that as of 5 Aug they are working on cases from 31 Aug 2012. Does anyone know if that means PERM originally submitted 31 Aug 2012 or audit responded to on 31 Aug 2012? I want to intepret it for PERM originally submitted- as a rare act of optimism! Then by extrapolation the PERM result should be coming in any day now...

Has anyone had a PERM audit recently approved? And if so when did you submit your case?

Thanks!
Old Sep 19th 2013, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by princessconsuela
I'm also on a H1B and trying to get a green card. I'm pulling my hair out though! I started this process 2 years ago and it's going so slowly.

My PERM was submitted 31 Sept 2012 and an audit was requested in December. We responded to the audit in January but are STILL waiting. The website says that as of 5 Aug they are working on cases from 31 Aug 2012. Does anyone know if that means PERM originally submitted 31 Aug 2012 or audit responded to on 31 Aug 2012? I want to intepret it for PERM originally submitted- as a rare act of optimism! Then by extrapolation the PERM result should be coming in any day now...

Has anyone had a PERM audit recently approved? And if so when did you submit your case?

Thanks!
I have an outstanding PERM from August 2012 that went to audit December 2012. Still waiting on a response.

I believe the DOL dates are based on when the PERM was first submitted.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by triptastic
I have an outstanding PERM from August 2012 that went to audit December 2012. Still waiting on a response.

I believe the DOL dates are based on when the PERM was first submitted.
Audit reviews from August 31 2012 are currently being processed according to DOL (Click PERM & PW Processing times for the time scales) Well that is the dates from August 5 so it could shift on. I read it as the dates are when the audit was requested not the priority date so I could be wrong.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SarahG
Audit reviews from August 31 2012 are currently being processed according to DOL (Click PERM & PW Processing times for the time scales) Well that is the dates from August 5 so it could shift on. I read it as the dates are when the audit was requested not the priority date so I could be wrong.
The DOL link has the following:

"The Analyst Review and Audit dates posted on iCERT above reflect the month and year in which cases were filed that are now being adjudicated at the Atlanta National Processing Center. "
Old Sep 19th 2013, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by triptastic
The DOL link has the following:

"The Analyst Review and Audit dates posted on iCERT above reflect the month and year in which cases were filed that are now being adjudicated at the Atlanta National Processing Center. "
Well there you go then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.