H1b 2020 Lottery

Old Apr 2nd 2020, 12:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default H1b 2020 Lottery

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-rele...-filed-april-1

The H-1B electronic registration process was well-received by users, who provided a high satisfaction score with the system. Nearly 275,000 unique registrations were submitted during the initial registration period. Roughly 46% of all registrations were for prospective beneficiaries with U.S. advanced degrees. There were more than 40,000 registration accounts created, and nearly 81% of submitted registrations were for potential beneficiaries from India (67.7%) and China (13.2%). Prior to the launch of the electronic registration system, USCIS conducted robust public outreach to ensure users were equipped to effectively use the new system.
So by my calculations a 1 in 4 chance with the majority going to Indians.
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

TexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H1b 2020 Lottery

I know I wasn't one of the ones picked this year, which makes me all the more anxious about getting my PERM approved and having a pending/approved I-485 within the next 24 months.
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
And none of those Indians will be getting a green card in their lifetime, unless the current quota system changes.
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 4:18 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-rele...-filed-april-1

Makes sense, they are the 2 most populous counties by a large margin. The higher % from India is likely skewed by the 46% of all registrants with U.S. advanced degrees. The number of registration accounts surprises me, the means a [mean] average of 6.875 unique individuals per account. I assume some larger employers would have submitted 100’s even 1000’s of individuals, so there must also have been a large number of employers who sublimed a very small number of individuals.
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 4:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by neill
And none of those Indians will be getting a green card in their lifetime, unless the current quota system changes.
If it does it will be Indians only for 10 years.