Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

H1 Stamp refused under section 221(g)

H1 Stamp refused under section 221(g)

Old Sep 30th 2004, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Anil_uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy H1 Stamp refused under section 221(g)

dear all

I went for my H1 stamping in US Embassy London but they refused me saying they "your visa application has been refused due to insufficient information". Officer checked paragraph which says "your visa application requires additional administrative processing before a visa can be issued......When the administrative processing is complete, a decision on your visa application will be made and we will advise you by mail".

Actually i was arrested and charged for affray but in court hearing, prosecution dropped all charges against me because victim himself made it clear that i wasnt involve in fight and i was innocent. Since i got arrested i Marked YES under Q38 in form DS156.

Visa interview went very fine but at the end visa officer asked for court proof that my case was dropped. Only thing i got was letter from solicitor saying they represented me and charges were dropped. No paper work from court. Visa officer then refused my visa application under section 221(g) keeping all my documents including Approval Notice and returing my passport with stamp saying "Application recieved" . I was asked to wait and they will contact me by mail after administrative process is complete.

I dont have any criminal record and this was first time i was arrested in my life though i was later found not guilty and case was dropped against me. Now i dont know what to do. Should i try getting some kind of letter from court and post to us embassy in London? How much time they will take to decide on my visa application? Can they refuse me on the basis i was arrested even though not found guilty? please help me out. thanks in advance

Anil
Old Oct 5th 2004, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

AlexanderAshok is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: H1 Stamp refused under section 221(g)

HI Anil,

I am still waiting for my H1B visa and its almost four months now.

I went of the stamping in June and the visa officer said that my application is proper but they wanted to do adminstrative processing, they took all my original papers and degree certificates and returned my passport....

I am still wiating. I dont know when I will get the H1B stamp.... In this discussion board, I have read that people waiting for more than six months and yet no communication..

So it will take something from 1 month to a year, there is no time limit... but if everything is right, you will get your visa.

Regards-Ashok
Originally Posted by Anil_uk
dear all

I went for my H1 stamping in US Embassy London but they refused me saying they "your visa application has been refused due to insufficient information". Officer checked paragraph which says "your visa application requires additional administrative processing before a visa can be issued......When the administrative processing is complete, a decision on your visa application will be made and we will advise you by mail".

Actually i was arrested and charged for affray but in court hearing, prosecution dropped all charges against me because victim himself made it clear that i wasnt involve in fight and i was innocent. Since i got arrested i Marked YES under Q38 in form DS156.

Visa interview went very fine but at the end visa officer asked for court proof that my case was dropped. Only thing i got was letter from solicitor saying they represented me and charges were dropped. No paper work from court. Visa officer then refused my visa application under section 221(g) keeping all my documents including Approval Notice and returing my passport with stamp saying "Application recieved" . I was asked to wait and they will contact me by mail after administrative process is complete.

I dont have any criminal record and this was first time i was arrested in my life though i was later found not guilty and case was dropped against me. Now i dont know what to do. Should i try getting some kind of letter from court and post to us embassy in London? How much time they will take to decide on my visa application? Can they refuse me on the basis i was arrested even though not found guilty? please help me out. thanks in advance

Anil
Old Oct 5th 2004, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

raandra is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I do not understand even if you have approval notice from BICIS they refuse visa???? If so what are the main resons this fourm have experienced?

I am planning to go to my home country and stamp h1 B visa I have approval notice from BICIS. I never been arrested. But I am out of usa for 3 months now. Do you think it will be a problem?

Thanks a lot

Originally Posted by AlexanderAshok
HI Anil,

I am still waiting for my H1B visa and its almost four months now.

I went of the stamping in June and the visa officer said that my application is proper but they wanted to do adminstrative processing, they took all my original papers and degree certificates and returned my passport....

I am still wiating. I dont know when I will get the H1B stamp.... In this discussion board, I have read that people waiting for more than six months and yet no communication..

So it will take something from 1 month to a year, there is no time limit... but if everything is right, you will get your visa.

Regards-Ashok
Old Oct 9th 2004, 3:19 pm
Ingo Pakleppa - see web site for email

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:22:55 +0000, Anil_uk wrote:

>
    > dear all
    >
    > I went for my H1 stamping in US Embassy London but they
    > refused me saying they "your visa application has been
    > refused due to insufficient information". Officer checked
    > paragraph which says "your visa application requires
    > additional administrative processing before a visa can be
    > issued......When the administrative processing is complete,
    > a decision on your visa application will be made and we
    > will advise you by mail".
    >
    > Actually i was arrested and charged for affray but in court hearing,
    > prosecution dropped all charges against me because victim himself made
    > it clear that i wasnt involve in fight and i was innocent. Since i got
    > arrested i Marked YES under Q38 in form DS156.

That was good

> Visa interview went very fine but at the end visa officer asked for
    > court proof that my case was dropped. Only thing i got was letter from
    > solicitor saying they represented me and charges were dropped. No paper
    > work from court. Visa officer then refused my visa application under
    > section 221(g) keeping all my documents including Approval Notice and
    > returing my passport with stamp saying "Application recieved" . I was
    > asked to wait and they will contact me by mail after administrative
    > process is complete.

Call your solicitor and ask what kind of official court document there may
be. I am sure there actually is something to show the dismissal. Then
contact the consulate (my guess is that you will need to reapply. I'm not
sure if you have to pay the fee again).

> I dont have any criminal record and this was first time i was arrested
    > in my life though i was later found not guilty and case was dropped
    > against me. Now i dont know what to do. Should i try getting some kind
    > of letter from court and post to us embassy in London? How much time
    > they will take to decide on my visa application? Can they refuse me on
    > the basis i was arrested even though not found guilty? please help me
    > out. thanks in advance
    >
    > Anil

--
Remember, I am strictly a layperson without any legal training. I encourage
everybody to seek competent legal counsel rather than relying on usenet
newsgroups.

Please support H.R. 539, H.R. 832 and S. 1510. More information at
http://www.kkeane.com/lobbyspousal-faq.shtml

Please visit my new FAQ at http://www.kkeane.com (always under construction)

My email address in usenet posts is now invalid for spam protection. See
my Web site for information on how to contact me.

Please feel free to enjoy some of my photographs at my Web site
http://www.ingopakleppa.com ! Comments are welcome.