H1 question: Internal Transfer

Old Feb 1st 2001, 9:06 am
googol_plex

Hi,

I was transfered to a different department in the company sometime back. This department
has also been spun as a new company though mine was an internal transfer. The job
description is pretty much the same but the product i am working on now is different.
Hence the lawyer is going to file another H-1B petition (or an amendment to the existing
H1, if there is such a thing!). I have however already started working in the new
department since Jan 15 though the transfer officially happened on jan 1. The new H1 will
be filed shortly. I have two questions

1. Is it ok for me to work in the new department?
2. The lawyer would be putting Jan 1, 2001 as the start date on the new H1. I was out
of the country then and entered the country on Jan 7. Is this a problem? since when
the new H1 gets approved it'll have a start date of Jan 1 and i entered on the old
H1 on Jan 7.

I'll greatly appreciate any responses. Thanks.