Wikiposts

H1-B transfer to new company

Old Nov 7th 2006, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

georgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the rough
Default H1-B transfer to new company

We have a possibility of a new job offer but I would like to research this a little more.
Can anyone tell me the exact forms and fees that we will encounter in transfering H1-B from Company A to Company B this?
Has anyone recently gone through this?
Is it worth the hassle/expense/wait that is usually encounted with any US immigration process or are we just better off waiting the rest of our current employment out?
Thanks in advance,
GG
Old Nov 7th 2006, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

DEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant future
Default Re: H1-B transfer to new company

Originally Posted by georgiagal
We have a possibility of a new job offer but I would like to research this a little more.
Can anyone tell me the exact forms and fees that we will encounter in transfering H1-B from Company A to Company B this?
Has anyone recently gone through this?
Is it worth the hassle/expense/wait that is usually encounted with any US immigration process or are we just better off waiting the rest of our current employment out?
Thanks in advance,
GG
I did a transfer of a H1B once - the new company paid for all the fees and sent me all the relevant forms. You may well want to ask them.

Having gone through both a transfer, and the application of a H1B from scratch a second time round, I'd go for the transfer!

But, check with the potential company. Good luck!