H1-b over stay

Old Jul 30th 2012, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

eng13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default H1-b over stay

I have overstayed my h1-b visa, by 4 weeks now for various reason...if I leave now what will the repercussions be ?

Thanks
Old Jul 30th 2012, 8:20 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H1-b over stay

Originally Posted by eng13
I have overstayed my h1-b visa, by 4 weeks now for various reason...if I leave now what will the repercussions be ?

Thanks
If you leave right now, probably none.

Rene
Old Jul 30th 2012, 11:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Rene... if you leave now, nothing will likely happen.

Ian
Old Jul 31st 2012, 5:10 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
peope have to arrange to leave ..4 week would be a reasonable time
Old Aug 1st 2012, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

eng13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys..I have another question.....How long is to long ? at what point does your "over stay cause problems for a return ?....Also when I return to England, how long to have to stay out of the country before I can return on vacation ?

Thanks
Old Aug 1st 2012, 3:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys..I have another question.....How long is to long ? at what point does your "over stay cause problems for a return ?....Also when I return to England, how long to have to stay out of the country before I can return on vacation ?

Thanks
Well, an overstay of 180 days is DEFINITELY too long, as you will incur a 3-year ban at that point.

There's no set number of days. For people on an H1B who lose that status, they have "a reasonable time" which allows them to get their affairs in the USA in order before leaving. I think most people would say 1 month is "reasonable". If you find yourself stuck with a home that you can't sell fast enough, for example, you will just have to turn it over to a realtor or find a maintenance company to handle things, so you can leave.

There's no specific amount of time you have to be back in the UK before making a visit to the USA. (There could be if you had been on a J-1, but not an H1B).

Rene
Old Aug 1st 2012, 4:05 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

?....Also when I return to England, how long to have to stay out of the country before I can return on vacation ?

Thanks
nothing specific but a 180 day day stay at home ..gets you re-started
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Your questions make me think that you want to test the law and stay here as much as possible. you rather be thinking, how can I get out of here immediately....my 2 cents worth. Don't f*** with US immigration. It will most certainly come back to bite you...
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

ravman007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Speak to an immigration lawyer about law: 245(k). It's a way of getting forgiveness, but I don't know the rules 100%??

http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/S...-0-0-7418.html
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 5:04 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by ravman007
Speak to an immigration lawyer about law: 245(k). It's a way of getting forgiveness, but I don't know the rules 100%??

http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/S...-0-0-7418.html
that baffled me ...
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
that baffled me ...
You mean you didn't understand any of what was written in that link? Pff, I read it and was like, "yes I understand it all"

LOL, now I know why immigration lawyers charge so much.

But the Op should speak to a professional regarding his situation. It might help? Initial lawyer meetings are usually free, nothing to lose I guess.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 7:28 pm
Ray

You mean you didn't understand any of what was written in that link? Pff, I read it and was like, "yes I understand it all"
wow you must be really clever ..
but explain what it has to do with an H1B overstay
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
wow you must be really clever ..
but explain what it has to do with an H1B overstay
See the winky face, I WAS KIDDING. Sheesh, lighten up.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

See the winky face, I WAS KIDDING. Sheesh, lighten up.
So the link was waste of space?
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by E3only
So the link was waste of space?
Whose talking about the link? We're talking about how he couldn't understand what was written in the link website, (it is very hard to read). So I joked I totally understood it.

Before jumping into a conversation, read up as to what is going on.

NO, the link is not a waste of space.

Before posting negative comments, trolling. Try actually helping the OP instead of sitting there getting ready to jump on someone. Real mature (previous posts seem to show an interesting trend).

245(k) is like a "get out of jail" card, for people who have broken their visa rules. I don't know much about it, hence why I told the OP to speak to an immigration lawyer about it. Someone in my office had some weird problems with him overstaying his H1B and he mentioned something about the 245(k) law. I thought the OP might want to look into it and see if it helps him. Something is better than nothing.

Want to troll anymore?

Last edited by ravman007; Aug 3rd 2012 at 10:11 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.