H1-B Inteview - Arrest record

Old Oct 5th 2017, 11:15 am
Just Joined

trickation is an unknown quantity at this point
Default H1-B Inteview - Arrest record

Hi all,

I have finally had notification of approval for my H1-B petition and am about to complete DS-160. I realise I will need to declare an arrest which happened 13 years ago (when I was a minor, 16 years old). I have obtained a Police Certificate and Subject Access Report - the certificate shows 'No Trace' and the SAR shows the arrest with NFA (No Further Action). The record is completely clean since then.

The incident was related to a fire in a bin at the local park, but the offence is listed as 'Arson'. I was arrested for questioning as I was in the park at the time, but had absolutely nothing to do with the incident itself. I was not charged with anything, in all likelihood I think the police were trying to scare us kids

Do you think this is likely to cause any problems at interview? It was so long ago for me, I had almost forgotten about it but having done some reading it is a bit concerning.

Any advice or experiences would be appreciated!
Old Oct 5th 2017, 11:30 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H1-B Inteview - Arrest record

Originally Posted by trickation
Hi all,

I have finally had notification of approval for my H1-B petition and am about to complete DS-160. I realise I will need to declare an arrest which happened 13 years ago (when I was a minor, 16 years old). I have obtained a Police Certificate and Subject Access Report - the certificate shows 'No Trace' and the SAR shows the arrest with NFA (No Further Action). The record is completely clean since then.

The incident was related to a fire in a bin at the local park, but the offence is listed as 'Arson'. I was arrested for questioning as I was in the park at the time, but had absolutely nothing to do with the incident itself. I was not charged with anything, in all likelihood I think the police were trying to scare us kids

Do you think this is likely to cause any problems at interview? It was so long ago for me, I had almost forgotten about it but having done some reading it is a bit concerning.

Any advice or experiences would be appreciated!
It is unlikely to cause you any problems. You were a juvenile and there was no conviction. Good luck with your application.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed, shouldn't impact anything. You weren't even charged so it's pretty immaterial to the outcome of your visa.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 11:32 am
Just Joined

trickation is an unknown quantity at this point

Just updating for others interested, this was not a problem. Visa approved!
Old Oct 12th 2017, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trickation
Just updating for others interested, this was not a problem. Visa approved!
Congratulations.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!