British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   H1-B Inteview - Arrest record (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/h1-b-inteview-arrest-record-904167/)

trickation Oct 5th 2017 11:15 am

H1-B Inteview - Arrest record

Hi all,

I have finally had notification of approval for my H1-B petition and am about to complete DS-160. I realise I will need to declare an arrest which happened 13 years ago (when I was a minor, 16 years old). I have obtained a Police Certificate and Subject Access Report - the certificate shows 'No Trace' and the SAR shows the arrest with NFA (No Further Action). The record is completely clean since then.

The incident was related to a fire in a bin at the local park, but the offence is listed as 'Arson'. I was arrested for questioning as I was in the park at the time, but had absolutely nothing to do with the incident itself. I was not charged with anything, in all likelihood I think the police were trying to scare us kids :lol:

Do you think this is likely to cause any problems at interview? It was so long ago for me, I had almost forgotten about it but having done some reading it is a bit concerning.

Any advice or experiences would be appreciated!

materialcontroller Oct 5th 2017 11:30 am

Re: H1-B Inteview - Arrest record

Originally Posted by trickation (Post 12354163)
Hi all,

I have finally had notification of approval for my H1-B petition and am about to complete DS-160. I realise I will need to declare an arrest which happened 13 years ago (when I was a minor, 16 years old). I have obtained a Police Certificate and Subject Access Report - the certificate shows 'No Trace' and the SAR shows the arrest with NFA (No Further Action). The record is completely clean since then.

The incident was related to a fire in a bin at the local park, but the offence is listed as 'Arson'. I was arrested for questioning as I was in the park at the time, but had absolutely nothing to do with the incident itself. I was not charged with anything, in all likelihood I think the police were trying to scare us kids :lol:

Do you think this is likely to cause any problems at interview? It was so long ago for me, I had almost forgotten about it but having done some reading it is a bit concerning.

Any advice or experiences would be appreciated!

It is unlikely to cause you any problems. You were a juvenile and there was no conviction. Good luck with your application.

shiversaint Oct 5th 2017 4:04 pm

Agreed, shouldn't impact anything. You weren't even charged so it's pretty immaterial to the outcome of your visa.

trickation Oct 12th 2017 11:32 am

Just updating for others interested, this was not a problem. Visa approved!

MidAtlantic Oct 12th 2017 11:54 am

Originally Posted by trickation (Post 12359310)
Just updating for others interested, this was not a problem. Visa approved!

Congratulations.

BenK91 Oct 12th 2017 2:04 pm

Congratulations!