Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

H-1B Visas Still Available as of June 2009

H-1B Visas Still Available as of June 2009

Old Jun 24th 2009, 4:35 pm
Account Closed

SusanPai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default H-1B Visas Still Available as of June 2009

Old Jun 24th 2009, 5:03 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H-1B Visas Still Available as of June 2009

Amazing.
Thanks for posting!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

helmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nice

i applied once we realised they hadnt all been taken straight away , filed on may 15th got approved today , normal processing not premium .
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:34 pm
Have Visa will travel SFO

rwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by helmet
i applied once we realised they hadnt all been taken straight away , filed on may 15th got approved today , normal processing not premium .
Helmet 15th of which month
Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

helmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nice

MAY 15TH APPLIED APPROVAL JUNE 24TH
Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:58 pm
Have Visa will travel SFO

rwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by helmet
MAY 15TH APPLIED APPROVAL JUNE 24TH
WOW my receipt date was also the 15th May anytime now then..
Old Jun 26th 2009, 7:48 am
Banned

Solo is an unknown quantity at this point

Helmet

Would I be correct in saying you applied whist in the USA - change of status as the approval seems rapid if UK based?
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:13 pm
Goooner!

Pipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to all

This is amazing. This little stat would have been helpful when I applied for mine in 2008. I submitted mine at 9am on the 1st April. We were told that over 270,000 had been submitted on between the 1st and the 2nd. I didn't hear a thing by early July so assumed I had been rejected. I wasn't even told I was put on the standby list. I didn't find out until the 14th July when the letter arrived to my attorney telling me I had been successful - we had all written it off.

Last edited by Pipmeister; Jun 30th 2009 at 1:24 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 2:56 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pipmeister
This little stat would have been helpful when I applied for mine in 2008.
It wouldn't have helped you any. In 2008, all the H-1B visas were spoken for on April 1... all of them. That didn't happen this year.

I didn't hear a thing by early July...
They have until July 31 to notify people - says so right on the DoS web site.

Ian
Old Jun 30th 2009, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, this is really amazing. Thanks for posting.

Where do you get these stats? Are there any monthly stats on employment & family based AOS filings, and family based immigration filings? It'd be interesting to see whether the number of new filings has fallen off in a similar way.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Would I be correct in saying you applied whist in the USA - change of status as the approval seems rapid if UK based?[

yes i applied whilst here in u.s but did not apply for change of status will be going back to the embassy , unfortunately , to get visa in my passport as the job entails working abroad . application went to vermont service centre .
Old Jul 1st 2009, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

powerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nice

A work colleagues brother applied for an H1B visa earlier this year with no real hope. He worked as a UK based salesman for a commercial catering appliance company.
The company petitioned on his behalf, he had no degree or anything other than secondary education this side of the water ( uk ).
Apparently, 12 years work experience is considered the equivalent to the 'required' level of education?
He was accepted for an H1B very recently.

Do the USIS relax the ruling slightly if all the visas aren't applied for ?
Old Jul 1st 2009, 9:02 pm
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by powerwrap
A work colleagues brother applied for an H1B visa earlier this year with no real hope. He worked as a UK based salesman for a commercial catering appliance company.
The company petitioned on his behalf, he had no degree or anything other than secondary education this side of the water ( uk ).
Apparently, 12 years work experience is considered the equivalent to the 'required' level of education?
He was accepted for an H1B very recently.

Do the USIS relax the ruling slightly if all the visas aren't applied for ?
The USCIS never relax their requirements, but 3 years of work experience is considered equivalent to 1 year of a degree program. Therefore, 12 years of experience would be equivalent to a Bachelors degree.
If you don't mind me asking, what will be his job duties in the US? One of the requirements of the H1B visa is that the work he is to perform be one that "requires" a degree and be unable to be performed by an American. Sorry to say a sales position wouldn't qualify.

Last edited by Michelmas; Jul 1st 2009 at 9:03 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Jul 1st 2009, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

powerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Michelmas
The USCIS never relax their requirements, but 3 years of work experience is considered equivalent to 1 year of a degree program. Therefore, 12 years of experience would be equivalent to a Bachelors degree.
If you don't mind me asking, what will be his job duties in the US? One of the requirements of the H1B visa is that the work he is to perform be one that "requires" a degree and be unable to be performed by an American. Sorry to say a sales position wouldn't qualify.
I'm not 100% sure what he'll be doing but i'm sure it's not something no other US citizen could do. All he knows is sales, i do know it is for catering appliance manufacturer but only a very small one at that.

I'll find out tomorrow.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Michelmas
I've just spoken to my work mate and he said his brother is going out as a sales and marketing rep, nothing more.

This thing about you must be able to do something no US citizen can do obviously doesn't apply.........surely anyone can sell an oven !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.