H-1B Anyone Applying?

Old Apr 24th 2009, 9:34 am
Just Joined

dagless is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: H-1B Anyone Applying?

Originally Posted by malj
I haven't seen the new form, but I think there's about 4-6 TARP related questions that were included so it wouldn't be a major ordeal for your lawyer.
Actually it's just one question...and it's a tick box. Shame that something so small can cause so much anxiety for applicants. Don;t worry, it'll all work out.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 9:36 am
Just Joined

dagless is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Michael
I've been following your ordeal and you sure do seem to have a problem with visas. Hopefully this one will work out well for you. Good Luck.
Yes, I second that. Good luck!!
Old Apr 24th 2009, 12:53 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meryl
totally know how you feel, my job is in science too, I'm lucky that my employers are willing to hold the position for me, but I too have an office with an empty seat and desk in it, only mine is in Dallas lol. Also have a greencard application in the pipeline, but that will take forever I'm sure.

....so I just wait......

Another scientist coming to join me in Dallas? What field of science? In Dallas, I'd assume it's semiconductors?

In our company canteen today the lady at the checkout said to me "You used to be the only one with that accent. Now there's three of you who talk funny!". I told her it was a slow invasion to take back the colonies.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:41 pm
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Another scientist coming to join me in Dallas? What field of science? In Dallas, I'd assume it's semiconductors?

In our company canteen today the lady at the checkout said to me "You used to be the only one with that accent. Now there's three of you who talk funny!". I told her it was a slow invasion to take back the colonies.
I'm a biomedical scientist, I'm going to be taking over a skin pathology lab in Farmer's Branch....don't even know what a semi-conductor is lol
Old Apr 24th 2009, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

memiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nice

Originally Posted by Michael
I've been following your ordeal and you sure do seem to have a problem with visas. Hopefully this one will work out well for you. Good Luck.
Originally Posted by dagless
Yes, I second that. Good luck!!
Thanks guys, appreciate it
Old Apr 25th 2009, 12:57 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meryl
I'm a biomedical scientist, I'm going to be taking over a skin pathology lab in Farmer's Branch....don't even know what a semi-conductor is lol
Oh I see! My mistake - I thought you said you were a scientist!
Old Apr 25th 2009, 5:46 am
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Oh I see! My mistake - I thought you said you were a scientist!
lol, watch it, just don't come running to me if you need your moles removed
Old Apr 25th 2009, 11:38 am
Banned

e3visa is an unknown quantity at this point

Well the official USCIS latest update means all of you who still seek the H-1B visa have more time.

This is probably a once in a lifetime type opportunity for such little competition for the H-1B visa if you can find a sponsor.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

rjh400 is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually it's just one question...and it's a tick box. Shame that something so small can cause so much anxiety for applicants. Don;t worry, it'll all work out.
I hope it does work out. I am still waiting anxiously. Haven't heard anything after the RFE for that one question with the tick box was sent.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute

Me neither. What a nightmare.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 5:11 am
Just Joined

rjh400 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by caleyjag
Me neither. What a nightmare.
Check your status online at the USCIS website.

Mine has an update:

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

..... and the nightmare continues!!
Old Apr 29th 2009, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

vguser is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: H-1B Anyone Applying?

Hi, this is my first time applying for a H1B visa.

My Lawyers filed on April 1st under premium processing for BA degree and have not yet had a receipt back yet and i already hear of people who have received their receipt and have had their application accepted. Is anyone else in the same situation ? Thank you.

Good luck to everyone else.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vguser
Hi, this is my first time applying for a H1B visa.

My Lawyers filed on April 1st under premium processing for BA degree and have not yet had a receipt back yet and i already hear of people who have received their receipt and have had their application accepted. Is anyone else in the same situation ? Thank you.

Good luck to everyone else.

Relax! Loads of folks still waiting. Me included. I was premium too.

My new bosses are freaking out cause they can't plan their project. I'm freaking out cause I can't plan my life.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

usagidonuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, hope you're good. I'm a brit with a job offer from a u.s. company and they've just submitted my application for an h-1b visa that would begin in october. Is anyone else in the same boat? Stressful huh?!

Some seem to think it'll be a lot easier this year, but when you're the one it involves it's hard to be too positive. Do you think it'll go to a lottery - I feel there'll be a big reduction in petitions but think there'll still have to be a lottery. Anyway, just thought I'd say hi as I embark on this journey of mystery....
Hello, I am told that my petition is approved today. I am waiting for the doc from company in US! I hope you will get yours soon.
I am checking the interview process in London. It seems so complicated and takes longer. I am originally from Tokyo so want to change the interview place in Tokyo but not sure if I can.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

vguser is an unknown quantity at this point

congratulations on getting through the first part..

Thank you, i was freaking out as i am thinking the worst that my lawyer may not have submitted the documents. I emailed them today to ask how they sent the documents and if they could send me the tracking number and i got a very short response telling me that it was sent by federal post and that they would let me know once they got a receipt. They had been very nice up until submission but i guess they probably get a lot of email from people asking the same question and are maybe getting fed up. Has anyone used this company before. Roth, Rousso & Katsman Llp, they managed to get a colleague a visa last year so i guess they must be okay but i just checked their last email and they have changed email address from @rksatlaw.com to @rmamericas.com so i dont know if the company is still ok without emailing them and pestering them some more!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.