H-1B Anyone Applying?

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

malj has a spectacular aura aboutmalj has a spectacular aura aboutmalj has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: H-1B Anyone Applying?

Originally Posted by caleyjag
Oh god. That will be me. Watch this space.
Don't worry caleyjag - if your lawyers used the old I129 (ie the one without the TARP questions) your lawyers will only get RFE'd for that particular section. If that happens, given you applied via PP, the 15 day period starts again once the forms are sent back to USCIS - obviously the delay is a pain in the ass, but alot better than not being on PP and having potentially months of waiting instead! You might be able to make a guess as to which form was used - I think from memory the new I129 was issued around March 16.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

malj has a spectacular aura aboutmalj has a spectacular aura aboutmalj has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by dagless

Good luck with yours...I only heard on day 13 of PP!
Oh that's ok then! Day 11 starts tomorrow so I got a few more. Best wishes in NYC. We're all lucky IMO - in years to come when the number of apps is back up to circa 165k and there are lotteries going on again, we will be able to look back and realize what an opportune time/year this was for us!
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 1:58 am
Just Joined

All Seeing Pie is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my approval on Monday I'm stunned to be honest I didn't think I'd get it.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

memiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nice

Oh god. That will be me. Watch this space.
That was exactly my thought when I read this That will be my husband.....
Especially since the lawyer does not want us to know the receipt number and mentioned in a mail in which I asked her some other questions that they usually get a lot of RFE's for H-1b.

Oh well, we will wait and see. Eventually we need to hear something.

Good luck with the rest of the wait, for all that are still waiting to hear something back.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 6:30 am
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light

congratulations to everyone who's been approved so far, you must be so happy

does anyone have a rough idea how long it will be before those of us without PP will know?.....I'm guessing a few months at least
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

rjh400 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by All Seeing Pie
Got my approval on Monday I'm stunned to be honest I didn't think I'd get it.
Congratulations!

My petition's been REF'd...my lawyer used the old form, and the waiting continues.
Could I know why you didn't think that your petition would be approved?

Last edited by rjh400; Apr 23rd 2009 at 3:42 pm.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rjh400
... my lawyer used the old form, and the waiting continues.
Feel free to get another lawyer.

Could I know why you didn't think that your petition would be approved?
Last year, all 65,000 H-1B spots were gone before the end of the first day.

Ian
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute

Just checked my employer's attorney's online progress thing and it says "Response to Request for Evidence Notice filed with USCIS".

Of course they didn't tell me about this, which implies to me that they must have filled out the wrong form. Is that a fair assumption?
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Just checked my employer's attorney's online progress thing and it says "Response to Request for Evidence Notice filed with USCIS".

Of course they didn't tell me about this, which implies to me that they must have filled out the wrong form. Is that a fair assumption?
Oh wow! Your prediction came true! IMO, that would be the most likely reason yes. I haven't seen the new form, but I think there's about 4-6 TARP related questions that were included so it wouldn't be a major ordeal for your lawyer. The 15 day PP will start again when they get that information and it should be pretty straight forward. Let's hope it was for the TARP questions and not something else! Your post spurred me to just check mine - still received and pending..
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 11:42 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

It means there was an RFE on your petition.

Seems like you've got a good guess as to what it was.

edit: should be a non-issue in the end because your job isn't in the TARP affected industry, right?
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute

No, it's in biotech, which is currently one of the safest industries. Or so I'm told. I'm mentally preparing for the Great Biotech Crash of 2009.

I've applied for an O-1 too and that isn't totally dead in the water yet, but it's really dragging out.

I just want to know where I'm at! There's an office in California right now with a desk, a computer, and an empty seat. So frustrating!
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 11:55 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Patience, young grasshopper. A watched pot never boils.
(helpful, huh? lol)
Old Apr 24th 2009, 5:48 am
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light

No, it's in biotech, which is currently one of the safest industries. Or so I'm told. I'm mentally preparing for the Great Biotech Crash of 2009.

I've applied for an O-1 too and that isn't totally dead in the water yet, but it's really dragging out.

I just want to know where I'm at! There's an office in California right now with a desk, a computer, and an empty seat. So frustrating!

totally know how you feel, my job is in science too, I'm lucky that my employers are willing to hold the position for me, but I too have an office with an empty seat and desk in it, only mine is in Dallas lol. Also have a greencard application in the pipeline, but that will take forever I'm sure.

....so I just wait......

Old Apr 24th 2009, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

memiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nice

Sorry to hear that. Good luck on waiting for the answer on the RFE.
At least you know where your application is and what the current status is. The company my husband is working for does not want to disclose he receipt number so we have no idea whatsoever of the petition is already being processed, if there is a RFE or anything else....
Old Apr 24th 2009, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by memiek
Sorry to hear that. Good luck on waiting for the answer on the RFE.
At least you know where your application is and what the current status is. The company my husband is working for does not want to disclose he receipt number so we have no idea whatsoever of the petition is already being processed, if there is a RFE or anything else....
I've been following your ordeal and you sure do seem to have a problem with visas. Hopefully this one will work out well for you. Good Luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.