H-1B Anyone Applying?

Old Apr 8th 2009, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H-1B Anyone Applying?

Oh happy days! This is good news.

I must say, I had a delightful day in the Highlands today with my dog. The weather was fabulous. The Cairngorms had a pretty dusting of snow on top, but it was sunny and clear down in the valleys.

The sun is streaming through the window right now. I feel all warm and happy now.

Let's see what else the attorneys have managed to do to screw it up.......
Old Apr 8th 2009, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

favouredM is an unknown quantity at this point

Does this mean that one can still apply for the H1B. I have been communicating with a potential employer (CEO) who has lately (day ago)expressed interest and is aware of the date. How do I drag a very busy employer to jump hoops and comply without appearing too pushy....or rocking the boat.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

dagless is an unknown quantity at this point

You have to outline exactly what the situation is to them and be frank and honest....if you don't push you won't get results in this instance.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

ash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to all

Originally Posted by favouredM
Does this mean that one can still apply for the H1B. I have been communicating with a potential employer (CEO) who has lately (day ago)expressed interest and is aware of the date. How do I drag a very busy employer to jump hoops and comply without appearing too pushy....or rocking the boat.
looks like u still have a chance, only 32,500 of 65,000 are filled till date, but gotta act quick: excerpt from LA Times:
But when the visa window closed Tuesday, only about 32,500 applications for general slots had been received, while requests for most of the 20,000 visas for those with U.S. degrees had been filed, a Citizenship and Immigration Services spokesperson said.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...,6883452.story
Old Apr 15th 2009, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Anyone had any news yet? I see some people have heard back but I haven't yet....so nerve wracking.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

ash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dagless
Anyone had any news yet? I see some people have heard back but I haven't yet....so nerve wracking.
friend of mine applied via Premium processing, her lawyer already received the approval notice email last saturday from USCIS in Texas. She will receive the actual I-797 in a few weeks. If u applied via non-premium processing, it should take a few weeks before u hear the outcome. Have u/lawyer received your receipt number from USCIS, normally that comes pretty fast when your petition is accepted for processing.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

malj has a spectacular aura aboutmalj has a spectacular aura aboutmalj has a spectacular aura about

My lawyers received a receipt notice the other day. I inputted the case number I was provided into the USCIS website tracker and it just says they received it and it is pending.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't heard anything yet. I have premium processing, although my case was filed late (April 6th).
Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:29 am
Just Joined

No, me neither - mine arrived at USCIS on April 1st according to fedex and is PP/General Quota. I suppose they can't do them all at once, but hearing people have heard back already makes me very envious/anxious! Be great when all this is resolved (nicely!) :-)

Good luck all!
Old Apr 16th 2009, 2:20 am
Just Joined

cryos is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: H-1B Anyone Applying?

I have not heard anything back either, but no premium processing for me... I would have happily handed over the money myself to be able to hear sooner though. Mine was there on the first day according to Fedex, hoping all is well.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

Dexy76 is an unknown quantity at this point

My application was later than yours Caley, mine went in on the 9th and I got an email yesterday saying that it was being processed, I'd know the outcome within 2 weeks. My job would be in Boston though, so it maybe went to a different processing place?

Good luck everyone. Must say, this waiting is awful.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes,

I just got an email saying a decision will be made in the next two weeks.

What a pain.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Chi_town is an unknown quantity at this point

Why the wait? I thought the cap hadn't been reached yet, so any applications in now were home and dry? I hope so, a friend of mine put in an application and desperately wants to stay as her daughter is in High school and doing great here. Her L is about to expire/ If her application isn't successful they will have to go back to the UK and daughter refuses to go!
Old Apr 17th 2009, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

Dexy76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got an email saying mine had been approved!!!!
Old Apr 17th 2009, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

newXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Chi_town
Why the wait? I thought the cap hadn't been reached yet, so any applications in now were home and dry? I hope so, a friend of mine put in an application and desperately wants to stay as her daughter is in High school and doing great here. Her L is about to expire/ If her application isn't successful they will have to go back to the UK and daughter refuses to go!
I believe that USCIS has stated that any H1-B applications received to date will be processed. However, as with all applications received by USCIS, the processing itself can take a while, hence the wait times people are referring to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.