H-1B Anyone Applying?

Old Apr 8th 2009, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

cryos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: H-1B Anyone Applying?

Originally Posted by ash_ak
no, irrespective of how many recvd. on april 1st, all apps. recd. until arpil 7th r considered for lottery or if quota not reached, then approval.
That was my understanding of the whole thing too. Anything received between those two dates would have an equal chance of selection in the lottery. If the cap is not reached then none of us need to await the results of a lottery as they will all be processed. Good luck, still no word as far as I can tell on any of the news sites.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

dagless is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys, this could be MASSIVE news. Cap not reached apparently....

http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=28561
Old Apr 8th 2009, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

memiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nice

Just saw the BEST news on the site of Shusterman!

Both cap's are not yet reached! No lottery!

Finally a light at the end of the tunnel?
Old Apr 8th 2009, 3:53 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/f...s-accepted.pdf
Old Apr 8th 2009, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

dagless is an unknown quantity at this point

Superb news!

Good luck everyone. One more hurdle crossed....
Old Apr 8th 2009, 3:55 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by memiek

Hi:

I saw the same notice Carl did. I actually found it confusing -- the wording seems to suggest that CIS will wait until they enough to cut-off and then do a lottery! I have a feeling it was not worded correctly.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

ash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dagless
Superb news!

Good luck everyone. One more hurdle crossed....
Congrats everybody who applied!
Old Apr 8th 2009, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

ash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I saw the same notice Carl did. I actually found it confusing -- the wording seems to suggest that CIS will wait until they enough to cut-off and then do a lottery! I have a feeling it was not worded correctly.
that was my next question, it was ambiguous
Old Apr 8th 2009, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

memiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nice

My understanding of that was, that all petitions received until yesterday will be processed. When the day comes that the cap is being filled (or oversubscribed) they will conduct a mini-lottery for all petitions received on that particular day.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

cryos is an unknown quantity at this point

That is excellent news. I did not honestly expect this to be the case. Hopefully the rest of the process will be smooth, but this was the part that worried me the most!
Old Apr 8th 2009, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

My understanding of that was, that all petitions received until yesterday will be processed. When the day comes that the cap is being filled (or oversubscribed) they will conduct a mini-lottery for all petitions received on that particular day.
Hi:

I have a feeling that was what was meant. However, I thought "WTF!" when I read the actual DHS notice. However, DHS has a habit of butchering the English language.

[My pet peeve is the habit of the legacy agencies of the former INS referring to the predecessor agency as the "legacy INS." It is has gotten ingrained with people who should know better just be repeated misuse. But I digress].
Old Apr 8th 2009, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

i am re-reading the PDF again, it doesn't make any sense, they dont talk about any cutoff date, what does that mean? it just says:
"Should USCIS receive the necessary number of petitions to meet the respective caps, it will issue an update to advise the public that, as of a certain date."

When will they decide or will they leave April 7th as the cutoff date.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ash_ak
i am re-reading the PDF again, it doesn't make any sense, they dont talk about any cutoff date, what does that mean? it just says:
"Should USCIS receive the necessary number of petitions to meet the respective caps, it will issue an update to advise the public that, as of a certain date."

When will they decide or will they leave April 7th as the cutoff date.
The cut-of date will be when they have received 65.000 for the normal cap and 20.000 for the master cap. So no, April 7 is NOT the cut-off date.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

more clarification from USCIS spokesperson:
"...USCIS will advise the public of its final receipt date for physically accepting H-1B petitions at its processing centers.

In the meantime, the government is processing the petitions it's received so far, a USCIS spokeswoman said. "Those are going down the path," she said.

If and when USCIS hits the H-1B cap, petitions received on that final receipt date could be subject to a computerized random selection. "If we receive 20 petitions, but can accept only 10 to reach the cap, those will be randomly selected," said the USCIS spokeswoman. "

News link: http://www.informationweek.com/news/...leID=216403452

So looks like all received till day before cap is met will be accepted.
Thats GREAT news!!!

Last edited by ash_ak; Apr 8th 2009 at 5:17 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

favouredM is an unknown quantity at this point

Does this mean that one can still apply for the H1B. I have been communicating with a potential employer (CEO) who has lately (day ago)expressed interest and is aware of the date. How do I drag a very busy employer to jump hoops and comply without appearing too pushy....or rocking the boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.