H-1B Anyone Applying?

Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

malj has a spectacular aura aboutmalj has a spectacular aura aboutmalj has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: H-1B Anyone Applying?

Originally Posted by memiek
Let's rephrase that a tiny bit to processed for approval, denial or RFE. It's not said that, if there is no lottery to be held after April 7 that all petitions received will automatically be approved.
Yeh of course! I guess I meant in theory they would be. Anyway, Monday is gone and still no announcement so here's hoping.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:11 am
Just Joined

dagless is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by memiek

Anyway..... its killing me. I am on the edge of a nervous breakdown if this continues any longer Its time for my life to follow some direction again instead of just waiting on the USCIS and lawyers....
I know exactly how you feel - so many factors in my life are on hold at the moment and time is ticking by so slowly. Be great to be able to hibernate until a decision is made. Anyway, let's just all cross our fingers for each other and a lack of a lottery!
Old Apr 7th 2009, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, I'm currently in hibernation in the Highlands of Scotland, with the family dog. Could be worse!

Just hope it doesn't drag on for too much longer.....
Old Apr 7th 2009, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute

@memiek,

Who do you work for? I will likely also be bouncing back and forth from Netherlands to California until October. I'm intrigued by the combination - I like both places a lot.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

*BANGS HEAD OFF TABLE*

I just got an email saying my lawyers did not submit the H1 application until April 6th!

I GOT THE JOB OFFER IN DECEMBER.

How much does that suck?

Thankfully, as an avid supporter of the Scotland national football team, I am used to last minute twists of fate when everything is going nicely (snatching defeat from the jaws of victory).

Keeps it exciting, I suppose.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

ash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to all

Originally Posted by caleyjag
*BANGS HEAD OFF TABLE*

I just got an email saying my lawyers did not submit the H1 application until April 6th!
What on earth were they thinking, playing russian roulette with ur career? hopefully it doesnt make a difference since all H1 petitions are accepted in till April 7th (either for the lottery or all r accepted), good luck to all who applied.

Am guessing USCIS should put out a statement tomorrow about the numbers received, but dont keep ur fingers crossed, it may not be till the 10th when they figure out the number of petitions without screwing up the count.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

It does make a difference though - if there are not 65000 applicants, and they stupid idiots had sent it in before April 1st, it would be a sure thing (more or less).

Anyway somebody has dropped the ball, either the attorney or (more likely) the company HR.

Time to start applying for other jobs methinks. What a royal pain in the butt!
Old Apr 7th 2009, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/4371018.cms

Just came across this today about green cards for Phd holders - is this old news? Or has any chance of passing successfully? (not that I'm in that smart category unfortunately)
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'll be doing the green card PhD thing in 3 months IF i get the damn job (company policy is to begin green card application after 90 days of employment).

Which means getting the O1 or H1 first.

So... yeah, EB2 would be the one for me, which makes it easier, I think, but it's nevertheless too slow a process for my employers in the short term. I need the O1 or H1 or I'm in trouble.

Last edited by caleyjag; Apr 7th 2009 at 11:29 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:38 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

*BANGS HEAD OFF TABLE*

I GOT THE JOB OFFER IN DECEMBER.

How much does that suck?

Thankfully, as an avid supporter of the Scotland national football team, I am used to last minute twists of fate when everything is going nicely (snatching defeat from the jaws of victory).

Keeps it exciting, I suppose.
bad news, what a bunch of idiots - I have had similar problems in the past with the lawyers not pulling their finger out - only way is to dog them daily until you get a confirmation they have submitted - hope it doesn't blow your chances.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 1:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.computerworld.com/action/...icleId=9131249

Interesting article
Old Apr 8th 2009, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

memiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nice

@memiek,

Who do you work for? I will likely also be bouncing back and forth from Netherlands to California until October. I'm intrigued by the combination - I like both places a lot.
My bad luck... it's not me but my husband who has a job in California. He's working in Santa Clara since May 2007 (actually, his job is there but he works from home in The Netherlands most of the time, he has been to the US for 6 months on a B1 for his job).
This makes it even more frustrating for me. I have my own company and there is no means of me being able to bring that company to the US (its a travel business....) and with the H1, well, I can't do a thing in California

For the upcoming months, if there is no lottery (still got my fingers crossed), we will both be bouncing back and forth between The Netherlands (like it very much again now that the weather is improving) and the south Bay. If there is a lottery, well..... we keep our fingers crossed for that one

BTW, I read you mentioned your petition was not in until the 6th. That should in no way cause any problems as all petitions receive until the 7th will be entered in a lottery, if there is one. Maybe your company just wanted to double check everything and made sure all was filled out correctly. They were still on time, although a bit on the edge of it maybe.

Good luck though!
Old Apr 8th 2009, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

My understanding is applications received April 1st -April 7th are only considered if the quota was not filled on April 1st.

Am I correct?
Old Apr 8th 2009, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

ash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to all

My understanding is applications received April 1st -April 7th are only considered if the quota was not filled on April 1st.

Am I correct?
no, irrespective of how many recvd. on april 1st, all apps. recd. until arpil 7th r considered for lottery or if quota not reached, then approval.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

So no news yet for you all from USCIS today?

I've been following this thread with interest, I hope you all get the results that you want.

Caleyjag, how's the weather in the Highlands today? We just returned from visiting my family in Inverness 2 weeks ago, it was wet and cold as usual.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.