H-1B Anyone Applying?

Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

ash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to all
Default Re: H-1B Anyone Applying?

Originally Posted by Meryl
what documents do we need to take with us? I just realised that I don't have a birth certificate, so I've had to get another one!
i think for H4's, marriage certificate is required, and birth certificates for kids, the embassy that you visit should have a website which lists the required & suggested documents to be brought to the interview.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

orudge is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by orudge
I'm new here (although I have lurked a bit over the past few months), but am now in the process of applying for an H1-B visa! I'm a student due to graduate in June, with a job offer in Minnesota. I was getting ready to accept that I wouldn't be able to head out to the US this year, until April when it turned out that only half the visas had been applied for! So it's a case now for me of waiting until I have my degree confirmed, and then the company will submit an H1-B application for me.
Well, I have my results now, and I have a degree - my H1-B application is going to be sent off next week. It seems the visa numbers have been going up relatively slowly over the past month or so, so hopefully the process should go pretty smoothly! No doubt I'll be visiting these forums a bit more often over the coming months!
Old Jun 17th 2009, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, congratulations on graduating!

I'd love to hear from people with non-premium-processed H-1B applications at the California Service Center, receipt numbers in the range WAC-09-1xx-yyyyy where xx is 47, 48, 49, 50 or 51. Have you been accepted? RFE? heard nothing? It's been 60 days since my application and I'm still waiting.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by henryh

I'd love to hear from people with non-premium-processed H-1B applications at the California Service Center, receipt numbers in the range WAC-09-1xx-yyyyy where xx is 47, 48, 49, 50 or 51. Have you been accepted? RFE? heard nothing? It's been 60 days since my application and I'm still waiting.
My husband had his non premium processing H1B application approved at California. Receipt notice dated April 23 and Approved May 12.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:18 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

I think people will understand easier if you give the receipt date in Month-Day format rather than Julian format. Most people do not understand Julian dates and the CIS "TIERS" database not only uses Julian dates, but does the numbering on business days with the first business day in October being day 001.

Santa Cruz, eh? Do you surf? [BTW, I'm the father of a past Banana Slug].
Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:42 pm
Have Visa will travel SFO

rwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the rough

my xx is 161
Old Jun 20th 2009, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

tigger08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rwoodfine
my xx is 161
Does anyone have a complete list of occupations that can be sponsored with an H-1B visa?

Most lists seem to say 'for example occupations include...' or 'include but not limited to...'

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Old Jun 20th 2009, 9:20 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

The regulations define a “specialty occupation” as requiring theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge in a field of human endeavor including, but not limited to, architecture, engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, social sciences, biotechnology, medicine and health, education, law, accounting, business specialties, theology, and the arts, and requiring the attainment of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent as a minimum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H1B_visa
Old Jun 20th 2009, 9:22 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tigger08
Does anyone have a complete list of occupations that can be sponsored with an H-1B visa?

Most lists seem to say 'for example occupations include...' or 'include but not limited to...'

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Yes, I found it right next to the 'google' button on my magic computer.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153129
Old Jun 20th 2009, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

tigger08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
Yes, I found it right next to the 'google' button on my magic computer.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153129
Thanks guys,

I appreciate your help, but not all of us are dunces!! I did use the search button, but i guess my computer isn't as magical as yours...