Grrrr....RMV joys

Old Sep 1st 2006, 4:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grrrr....RMV joys

Originally Posted by Dan725
DMV, RMV, BMV, it don't matter, bunch of mongs all!

When I was getting my license, I turned up at the crack of dawn, I swear some people must've been camping outside the office all night.

So huge long lines in there, the thing that really rankled was that at 10 O'clock on the nail, the automaton behind the main desk just stood up, and disappeared into the back, coming back at 10:30 exactly. Gone on break, see! So much for efficiency and staggering the breaks!
about sums it up nicely

and yeah, them disappearing...what's annoying, yesterday, last thursday of the month, so busiest day of the month anyway because everyone has to get plates sorted, and thursday is the longest day of the week there open, 13 desks, only 4 people manning them...
Old Sep 1st 2006, 9:00 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andy_LongIsland
Mmm I gotta go through all this fun soon - spose I best start getting a licence sometime
In all honesty I haven't found NYS to be that bad at all. We go to the little one in Huntington and the computerized system they have means we have never waited more than 10 minutes before being seen, even though sometimes we have been told it could be as long as 20minutes. Apparently the one in Happauge isn't bad either but I've never been yet. Got to go soon, though, to get son sorted. Don't know if I can get it sorted at the little one in Huntington.

Oh, and they open at a decent time in the mornings too.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Andy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben
In all honesty I haven't found NYS to be that bad at all. We go to the little one in Huntington and the computerized system they have means we have never waited more than 10 minutes before being seen, even though sometimes we have been told it could be as long as 20minutes. Apparently the one in Happauge isn't bad either but I've never been yet. Got to go soon, though, to get son sorted. Don't know if I can get it sorted at the little one in Huntington.

Sounds good! Think i'm going to the one in Carle Place / westbury so I'll let ya kow my experience when I get back from it
Old Sep 1st 2006, 10:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben

your lucky...around here, all the offices are open at the same times...so makes no difference, plus have to go to a main office to do license transfers, so that's the local one....in a right dive of a right dive of a town too *l*
Old Sep 1st 2006, 10:22 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
your lucky...around here, all the offices are open at the same times...so makes no difference, plus have to go to a main office to do license transfers, so that's the local one....in a right dive of a right dive of a town too *l*
That's what it was like in NJ and it was hell. It took nearly a whole day to get our licenses done. When we transferred our licenses over to NY ones we could go to the local office here and it was like a breath of fresh air compared to the one in NJ. Not only in time but also in attitude - the staff were great and so polite. Even apologized for keeping us two minutes longer to wait than they told us! So I know your pain and so grateful we moved to civilization
Old Sep 1st 2006, 10:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Ben
That's what it was like in NJ and it was hell. It took nearly a whole day to get our licenses done. When we transferred our licenses over to NY ones we could go to the local office here and it was like a breath of fresh air compared to the one in NJ. Not only in time but also in attitude - the staff were great and so polite. Even apologized for keeping us two minutes longer to wait than they told us! So I know your pain and so grateful we moved to civilization
yeah, they were lovely in maine too....just a whole new breed of loons hired over here...and stupid having sod all there on the busiest day of the month *l*