Grrrr....RMV joys

Old Aug 11th 2006, 4:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Grrrr....RMV joys

Just a rant really....only RMV around closes at 4, sometimes 5, but at 7 on Thursdays, so only time to go get my drivers license changed over..so after waiting 45 mins, they wouldn't do it because I didn't have a bill as proof of residence in the state, even though the website and over the phone, said only have to have something with your name and address printed on it, so we took the work order from Comcast with us as we haven't gotten any bills yet and it was the first thing on hand...should have brought the apartment lease, I know, but, who'd have thought it would have been a problem.

Muppets, and to top it off, one of the muppets there was giving some bloke a hard time for not filling in the form properly, he was Brazilian and the forms were only in English, and he didn't have great English reading.

For a bunch of "civil" servants, they weren't very polite or professional...I know most of them tend to be walmart rejects, but that's no excuse
Old Aug 11th 2006, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Andy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grrrr....RMV joys

Mmm I gotta go through all this fun soon - spose I best start getting a licence sometime
Old Aug 11th 2006, 5:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andy_LongIsland
Mmm I gotta go through all this fun soon - spose I best start getting a licence sometime
yeah, it's a pain in the arse, so I'm holding out registering the car and getting new plates till they expire at the end of the year.

Thing is though, the missus, she was able to get a state ID and not need to prove that she was a resident of the state...makes no sense...muppets *l*
Old Aug 11th 2006, 5:20 pm
Renegade who has it made

ladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Just a rant really....only RMV around closes at 4, sometimes 5, but at 7 on Thursdays, so only time to go get my drivers license changed over..so after waiting 45 mins, they wouldn't do it because I didn't have a bill as proof of residence in the state, even though the website and over the phone, said only have to have something with your name and address printed on it, so we took the work order from Comcast with us as we haven't gotten any bills yet and it was the first thing on hand...should have brought the apartment lease, I know, but, who'd have thought it would have been a problem.

Muppets, and to top it off, one of the muppets there was giving some bloke a hard time for not filling in the form properly, he was Brazilian and the forms were only in English, and he didn't have great English reading.

For a bunch of "civil" servants, they weren't very polite or professional...I know most of them tend to be walmart rejects, but that's no excuse

I know i am going to have a great amount of fun goin tothe bmv (gotta get the permit changed to license). BMV here in indy has had a melt down for last few wks, so ive been puttin it off, but not looking forward to it!
Old Aug 11th 2006, 6:28 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladygwennie
I know i am going to have a great amount of fun goin tothe bmv (gotta get the permit changed to license). BMV here in indy has had a melt down for last few wks, so ive been puttin it off, but not looking forward to it!

Isn't it amazing how civil servants (what a crock of shlt name- they are neither civil nor do the serve very well) are the same the world over. I had to go three times to the DL Branch here in AL to get my DL...1st time I arrived at 8:10 and was number 17- by 10 they were on number 7 and they closed at 11 so I left. Next time I went at 7:50 and managed to get number 7... 2 hours later I had to leave, though I doubt I would have made the 11:00 cut off. I finally renewed my almost expired IN DL while on a buisiness trip back up in Indiana, and a month later managed to be at the AL DL branch at 7:30 and was finished by 9:30. Stome age technology, no computers, one old woman working, shuffling all the damn paper documents.

In Indiana, I walked in (it's a town of appx 10K people), walked straight to the counter, presented my documents, went to the next station and did the eye exam, went to the next station and filled out the form, went to the next station and had my photo taken...and in 10 minutes had my name called, picked up the new DL, paid my $14 and walked out.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 6:34 pm
Renegade who has it made

ladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
Isn't it amazing how civil servants (what a crock of shlt name- they are neither civil nor do the serve very well) are the same the world over. I had to go three times to the DL Branch here in AL to get my DL...1st time I arrived at 8:10 and was number 17- by 10 they were on number 7 and they closed at 11 so I left. Next time I went at 7:50 and managed to get number 7... 2 hours later I had to leave, though I doubt I would have made the 11:00 cut off. I finally renewed my almost expired IN DL while on a buisiness trip back up in Indiana, and a month later managed to be at the AL DL branch at 7:30 and was finished by 9:30. Stome age technology, no computers, one old woman working, shuffling all the damn paper documents.

In Indiana, I walked in (it's a town of appx 10K people), walked straight to the counter, presented my documents, went to the next station and did the eye exam, went to the next station and filled out the form, went to the next station and had my photo taken...and in 10 minutes had my name called, picked up the new DL, paid my $14 and walked out.

In indy right now theres been a huge c***up. They installed a new computer system that apparently does not work Been messed up since july 4th wkend and the bmv idiot started to tell everyone it was their tough luck if they got late fees, even though nothing could be processed for a month. mitch Daniels hadda overturn it, since its ridiculous, still issues with the blasted place, not looking forward to going at all
Old Aug 11th 2006, 6:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by ironporer
...paid my $14 and walked out.
$14? That's not bad...it's around $40 here...hmmm....*l*
Old Aug 11th 2006, 6:51 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
$14? That's not bad...it's around $40 here...hmmm....*l*
Massataxetts.... rural poor Alabama.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:01 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Massataxetts.... rural poor Alabama.
$14 was Indiana- Here it was $22
Old Sep 1st 2006, 3:58 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

well third times a charm, after the last time of trying to sort out the license and them kicking me out because i'd gotten there at 6:45 a couple weeks ago, even though they close at 7 on thursdays...anyway...

today, got there just after 6 after legging it early, 5 mins to get a ticket, and then waited till around 7:15, took 15 mins...and cost me $90...but I'll finally have a Mass license..and looked like a stoner instead of a murderer....lovely...

would have been cheaper to have paid $40 and gotten a fresh new license with test, but alas, wouldn't be allowed to claim previous experience with another state license for insurance...cheeky buggers aren't they.....hmmm....

well after that joy, the sodding registering of the car can wait till it expires, same goes for the plates, and I'll be sad to see the vanity plate be replaced for a remarkably crap looking mass plate...certainly one of the worst looking standard plates out there, along with NY and CA I'd say...

oh, and to top it off, some bird before me, did the eye test bit, couldnt' see the flashing lights on the side, but the bloke said "oh well, never mind" and gave her a license anyway...
Old Sep 1st 2006, 4:13 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

oh, and to top it off, some bird before me, did the eye test bit, couldnt' see the flashing lights on the side, but the bloke said "oh well, never mind" and gave her a license anyway...
Not a problem Bob, just stay away from her at Railroad crossings
Old Sep 1st 2006, 12:03 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

I'm confused (which doesn't take much! ), don't you mean DMV?
Old Sep 1st 2006, 1:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by blaze
I'm confused (which doesn't take much! ), don't you mean DMV?
naaa...it's Registry of Motor's down 'ere

It's the BMV up in Maine, bureau...yup, they don't make it easy do they *lol*
Old Sep 1st 2006, 1:39 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
naaa...it's Registry of Motor's down 'ere

It's the BMV up in Maine, bureau...yup, they don't make it easy do they *lol*

I'm trying to keep up, sorry!
Old Sep 1st 2006, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

DMV, RMV, BMV, it don't matter, bunch of mongs all!

When I was getting my license, I turned up at the crack of dawn, I swear some people must've been camping outside the office all night.

So huge long lines in there, the thing that really rankled was that at 10 O'clock on the nail, the automaton behind the main desk just stood up, and disappeared into the back, coming back at 10:30 exactly. Gone on break, see! So much for efficiency and staggering the breaks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.