Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Greencard to Citizenship Process (Question)

Greencard to Citizenship Process (Question)

Old Jul 15th 2001, 5:34 am
Posts: n/a

I have been in the country for about 9 years and received my greencard about 3 years
ago. What would be the process to obtain US citizenhip ? Would I need legal
assistance (lawyer) and what processing times should be expected ?

Thank you for taking the time to answer.
Old Jul 15th 2001, 6:05 am
Alvena Ferreira
Posts: n/a

Cray wrote:
If marriage-based, you are eligible now or close to it (3 years). If other than
marriage-based, you are eligible after 5 years of resident status. Anticipate total
time of around one year, start to finish. If uncomplicated case, you can probably do
this yourself if you don't mind dealing with forms and stuff. The INS has an
excellent naturalization section, located here:
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/se...natz/index.htm Alvena
I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice; this is my personal opinion, posted
for the purpose of discussion only.
K-1 FAQ: http://www.k1faq.com Timelines: http://www.wkh.org/ A great K-1 Site:
http://pages.prodigy.net/alixtcat/immigrat.htm Doc Steen's Marriage Visa Pages:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.