green cardand visa waiver

Old Oct 4th 2015, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

stevie223 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default green cardand visa waiver

hey there, i was just wondering before i fly out in a few days, i have my 2 year green card but does anyone know do i need to apply for the visa waiver program for my passport. what will happen upon re entry.

thanks
Old Oct 4th 2015, 10:41 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: green cardand visa waiver

Originally Posted by stevie223
hey there, i was just wondering before i fly out in a few days, i have my 2 year green card but does anyone know do i need to apply for the visa waiver program for my passport. what will happen upon re entry.

thanks
If you already have a green card, then you no longer need to use the VWP, no. You are no longer a visitor to the USA...you are a permanent resident.

Upon re entry to the USA, you will show your green card, the officer will look at it, verify some things on his computer, and say "Welcome Home".

Rene
Old Oct 4th 2015, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

thanks Rene, i appreciate it.
Old Oct 4th 2015, 11:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

You may not be able to check in online. Depends on the airline, it has got better recently I think.
Old Oct 5th 2015, 12:31 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevie223
... i was just wondering before i fly out in a few days, i have my 2 year green card but does anyone know do i need to apply for the visa waiver program for my passport. what will happen upon re entry.
I have nothing to add to the good advice you've already received, but I note that you're in Barboursville. I live in Kentucky but I work in Huntington. There's another member, although he hasn't posted for a while now, who lives in Chesapeake, but also works in Huntington.

Small world! Welcome home!

Ian
Old Oct 5th 2015, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

It is a small world indeed Ian. I've also met a person from Scotland who lives in Teays Valley, who I talk to a little bit. I've also chatted to a woman from Wales to, I've got a thick Northern Irish accent and she thought I was from Minnesota lol.
Old Oct 5th 2015, 3:03 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

If you're towards the end of the 2 years and you've sent in the I-751, have the receipt with you.
Old Oct 5th 2015, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
You may not be able to check in online. Depends on the airline, it has got better recently I think.
Certainly there's no problem with British Airways and Aer Lingus, so long as you add your A# to your APIS information before checking in.

Also to the OP: when returning to the US, be ready to show your Green Card along with your passport at both check-in/bag-drop, if you use it, and at the gate. If you're travelling hand-baggage only and check-in online and so go straight through security at the airport, you may get paged for a document check ahead of boarding too.

Last edited by rpjs; Oct 5th 2015 at 10:27 am.