Green Card renewal - age 14

Old May 12th 2021, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

newadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond repute
Default Green Card renewal - age 14

Hello,
My son turned 14 over a year ago. We applied to renew his green card at the time (April), and other than a receipt didn't hear anything back until last Dec when they sent a biometrics appt. We couldn't make that date, so requested another. Have not heard anything back since. At what point should i start getting concerned?
Old May 13th 2021, 11:31 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green Card renewal - age 14

Since it took them 8 months the first time to schedule an appointment, I wouldn't get worried for another couple months yet.
Old May 13th 2021, 1:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Are the biometrics being done at the USCIS field office or at one of the biometric offices? If the office is open for business as usual, you might want to take the kid and the original appointment letter to the biometric office and inquire about having it done without an appointment. Use to work for others a year or so back.
Old May 13th 2021, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

newadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks both. We will be eligible to apply for citizenship in July so i was thinking i need to get this done beforehand; in which case i will go along on spec. But maybe if this drags on and he gets citizenship then we won't need to do this anyway
Old May 14th 2021, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

mum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond repute

I have twins who turned 14 in Sept. I sent in the applications on their birthday and they were received in Oct. We got the biometrics appointments letters in November and went in the middle of December. I then got another biometrics appointment for 1 of them... I called and finally spoke to someone who said if we dont attend we would be abandoning the process. We went again the first week of Jan. He was approved the next week and his card was received within days. The other one has no updates since we went for the December biometrics. They were being very strict with appointment times, limiting people who could even join the line outside depending on their time on the letter. If it were me I would contact to see what the current status is.
Old May 14th 2021, 12:38 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mum 2 3
I have twins who turned 14 in Sept. I sent in the applications on their birthday and they were received in Oct. We got the biometrics appointments letters in November and went in the middle of December. I then got another biometrics appointment for 1 of them... I called and finally spoke to someone who said if we dont attend we would be abandoning the process. We went again the first week of Jan. He was approved the next week and his card was received within days. The other one has no updates since we went for the December biometrics. They were being very strict with appointment times, limiting people who could even join the line outside depending on their time on the letter. If it were me I would contact to see what the current status is.

Abandoning which process?

Old May 14th 2021, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

mum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond repute

The green card renewal, it is WAY cheaper to apply within 30 days of their birthday so I didnt want to run the risk of applying again and having to pay the full amount. The lady on the phone was adamant we had to attend for the second time in 3 weeks, it did mean that application was dealt with quickly
Old Jun 7th 2021, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Green Card renewal - age 14 - Redo biometrics that we did in December

Got an update email with action required so went to check and now we have to go and do a second set of biometrics for the other twin. July 2nd, when he is taking summer classes that because of the tight schedule he cant miss more than 1 day. Anyone waiting for action is clearly getting held up by people having to go multiple times. No idea why the first time we attended in December there was a problem. I could get a one off, but now to have to redo both? At least last time the green card was produced quickly after we attended for the second time.
Old Aug 30th 2021, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Update:
1 May 2020 - submitted GC renewal 1 week after 14th birthday. Got a receipt of application 9 days later
5 Dec 2020 - biometrics appt scheduled for 31 Dec. We can't make it so request a new appt
1 Jul 2021 - new appt. After not travelling anywhere for over a year, son is going to be out of the country. Ring up USCIS and explain, they say they will reschedule
14 Aug 2021 - new appt for 30 Aug
30 Aug 2021 - biometrics appt done!