Green card renewal...

Old Aug 23rd 2011, 7:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green card renewal...

Originally Posted by tropicalrains
Does anyone know about Infopass? Is it possible to make an appointment with an USCIS officer to get a stamp (of some sort) which will allow me to travel (i.e return to the US) while my I751 is being processed? Thank you....
Go to www.uscis.gov to find out how to make an InfoPass appointment. You won't know what answer you'll get from them until you go talk to them. You can certainly give it a try. Bring proof that you've filed your I-751, and proof that it's arrived at its destination. Keep in mind that even if they give you travel permission right now, you will need to be back in the USA to do your biometrics. Make sure someone is checking your mailbox at home and can let you know your appointment date.

Rene
Old Aug 24th 2011, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

tropicalrains is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, looks like they've deposited our check - is it safe to assume a receipt notice might be issued? (don't want to raise my hopes unnecessarily)...thanks
Old Aug 25th 2011, 12:21 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, looks like they've deposited our check - is it safe to assume a receipt notice might be issued? (don't want to raise my hopes unnecessarily)...thanks
How sick is you mum really? I'm scratching my head wondering.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 12:34 am
Just Joined

Unfortunately, not a very helpful comment but I do think you actually must be rather knowledgable in the general area and people could benefit from your responses...
Old Aug 25th 2011, 1:09 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, not a very helpful comment but I do think you actually must be rather knowledgable in the general area and people could benefit from your responses...
At the risk of interpreting his comment, I believe Mr. Folinsky was trying to gauge your risk tolerance. If your mum is very sick, you will simply travel - because you are allowed to leave the US, and then worry about getting back until afterwards. If your mum is less sick, you can spend the time waiting until you have permission to return prior to leaving.

In other words, family concerns must come before immigration concerns. It's always been that way... always will be!

Ian
Old Aug 25th 2011, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

I naturally did weigh up these considerations against her current status. The risk of not being able to enter the country again was also a concern for me especially as I would be travelling with my 1 yr old and 2 yr old. If I did not have any small children, I would probably think differently. In any case, we provided all medical docs etc... so we'll see. Thanks for your views...
Old Aug 25th 2011, 1:28 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
At the risk of interpreting his comment, I believe Mr. Folinsky was trying to gauge your risk tolerance. If your mum is very sick, you will simply travel - because you are allowed to leave the US, and then worry about getting back until afterwards. If your mum is less sick, you can spend the time waiting until you have permission to return prior to leaving.

In other words, family concerns must come before immigration concerns. It's always been that way... always will be!

Ian
Well taken. That said, there are often many varying emotional factors at work and I won't begin to get into OP's mind. However, perceived necessity for immediate travel is a fairly common situation in my experience. It turns out on occasion that the surface necessity is not really that deep at all. I'm not a psychologist.

I don't know here -- I wonder.