Green card received! (NYC)

Old Jul 21st 2005, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Green card received! (NYC)

I got home last night to find a shiny new 10-year green card in my mail box! It is much more elaborate than the EAD card, with a funky hologram on the back, all 50 state flags and pictures of the 43 presidents (including Mr Bush).

And I am happy to report that the photo on the front of the card is in glorious Technicolor.

So I'm off to the Social Security office at lunchtime to apply for new unrestricted card, then when that comes I'll be off to the DMV to get a new drivers license without the "Temporary Visitor" mark.

Thanks again, and fingers crossed for everyone who is still waiting.
Cheers
Peter

P.S. I have to say it's entirely appropriate that the Union Jack appears on the card (as part of the Hawaii flag) but the stars and stripes do not - obviously America is still a British colony!!!
Old Jul 21st 2005, 3:11 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green card received! (NYC)

Originally Posted by Peter Newton
I got home last night to find a shiny new 10-year green card in my mail box! It is much more elaborate than the EAD card, with a funky hologram on the back, all 50 state flags and pictures of the 43 presidents (including Mr Bush).
Congrats on your shiny new green card!
Old Jul 21st 2005, 3:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Peter! I spent a long time examining Sadegh's green card too, pretty fascinating!

Rene
Old Jul 21st 2005, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to try and pick up a magnifying glass at lunchtine too!

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Congratulations, Peter! I spent a long time examining Sadegh's green card too, pretty fascinating!

Rene
Old Jul 21st 2005, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Ndori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to all

Congrtats Peter!
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:27 pm

maximus76 is on a distinguished road

Congratulaitons, Peter,
thats great news!
I know how it feels to hold a brand new green card
Old Jul 21st 2005, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

sharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to all

Congratulations!! You must feel sooo great!

Quick question - I see you had a temp visitor driver's license - what exactly did you do to get it (driver's test etc)? What documents did you have to show the DMV?

Thanks!

Sharmila
Old Jul 21st 2005, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

beyness is an unknown quantity at this point

You got your 10 year one after AOS interview? What happened to two year conditional residency, than removal of conditions? I've been out of the loop for two years, maybe it's changed or your situation is different. Just curious as Greg's 2 year one expires August 14th, 2005 and we just got a letter extending his status for one year while they process his application. Congrats! See you in ten years for the next bit!
Old Jul 21st 2005, 5:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by beyness
You got your 10 year one after AOS interview? What happened to two year conditional residency, than removal of conditions? I've been out of the loop for two years, maybe it's changed or your situation is different. Just curious as Greg's 2 year one expires August 14th, 2005 and we just got a letter extending his status for one year while they process his application. Congrats! See you in ten years for the next bit!
He waited more than 2 years for his interview.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 5:16 pm
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

You got your 10 year one after AOS interview? What happened to two year conditional residency, than removal of conditions? I've been out of the loop for two years, maybe it's changed or your situation is different.
If the GC is approved prior to the 2 year wedding aniversary, then they get the CGC. If it's approved after the 2 year aniv, then they get the regular GC.

Congrats!! That was quick!!
Old Jul 21st 2005, 5:20 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simon&Vik
If the GC is approved prior to the 2 year wedding aniversary, then they get the CGC. If it's approved after the 2 year aniv, then they get the regular GC.
But not in all offices...
Old Jul 21st 2005, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Actually we were married less than 2 years on the interview date, but they didn't approve the case until 4 months later, by which time we had passed the 2 year mark.

Also note that I did AOS from L-1 status, not K-1/K-3.

Old Jul 21st 2005, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks!!

I had to go through the exact same process as anyone else to get a drivers license - do the 5 hour course, take the written test, exam etc. I showed my EAD and SSN cards as proof of ID. The rule in New York is that you can show any immigration document proving your status as long as the document was issued for a year or more and does not expire within 6 months.

Good luck!
Peter

Originally Posted by sharmilashah
Congratulations!! You must feel sooo great!

Quick question - I see you had a temp visitor driver's license - what exactly did you do to get it (driver's test etc)? What documents did you have to show the DMV?

Thanks!

Sharmila
Old Jul 21st 2005, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsm is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, that's that then - very happy for you . After I received my card it took me a while to get used to the fact that I was done with USCIS (for the time being). And that I was able to travel back and forth across the pond freely after being away from England for so long. I did go in February for a week, very hectic that was - catching up with family & friends after being away for ten years. I'm off back "home" again in three weeks for a fortnights visit, to do some more catching up and to meet my new nephew .
Old Jul 21st 2005, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yep. That's it for now. It hasn't really sunk in yet. I came into work this morning and just automatically checked the case status website- then remembered I didn't have to!

Have fun back in Blighty! I was there in April for a wedding, but it's no holiday-everyone wants to see you

Originally Posted by mrsm
Well, that's that then - very happy for you . After I received my card it took me a while to get used to the fact that I was done with USCIS (for the time being). And that I was able to travel back and forth across the pond freely after being away from England for so long. I did go in February for a week, very hectic that was - catching up with family & friends after being away for ten years. I'm off back "home" again in three weeks for a fortnights visit, to do some more catching up and to meet my new nephew .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.