Green Card Photos

Old Apr 11th 2005, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

dreamrider is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Green Card Photos

I need to organise photos for my new green card. The info sheet i have is not very specific as to the size - does anyone know if a normal passport photo (taken at Walgreens) would be ok - 'cause it looks a bit large to me.

I have to go on Wednesday so want to get it right.

Thanks
Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:05 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green Card Photos

Originally Posted by dreamrider
I need to organise photos for my new green card. The info sheet i have is not very specific as to the size - does anyone know if a normal passport photo (taken at Walgreens) would be ok - 'cause it looks a bit large to me.

Thanks
Hi dreamrider,

I don't know about the specifics for the "green card" photos...but for my husband's EAD application, which we got done at Costco, and I told them we need the passport-style ones, they made a distinction between whether it was really a passport photo, or a passport-style photo for immigration purposes.

The passport photo was larger than the passport-style photo for imm. purposes.....it ended up that we needed the smaller ones (still face forward though).

So I think the large photos are the wrong ones. Get the smaller size. There are specs to the photo requirements on www.uscis.gov somewhere, I'm sure.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:21 am
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamrider

Thanks
I just renewed my paperwork for my green card.I had my photos taken at Walgreens on the day of my appointment.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:22 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clydegirl
I just renewed my paperwork for my green card.I had my photos taken at Walgreens on the day of my appointment.
Which kind did you get??
Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:27 am
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Green Card Photos

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
Which kind did you get??
One of the 10 year ones.I only did it because the immigration wivey at Newark gave me hassle when I came back last month from Scotland.It was only 20 years old and she said it didn't look like me.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:36 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

One of the 10 year ones.I only did it because the immigration wivey at Newark gave me hassle when I came back last month from Scotland.It was only 20 years old and she said it didn't look like me.
Ouch poor you!, I am glad to hear you made it, I have heard many horror stories from Newark, a friend of mine got denied entry:scared:
I meant what kind of pictures did you get?, I know it must be passport sized, but there are 2 kinds, the passport and the immigration purpose one
I am glad to hear you got the 10 year green card, USCIS free for quite a while Woo!!
Old Apr 12th 2005, 2:44 am
roamin in the gloamin

Ouch poor you!, I am glad to hear you made it, I have heard many horror stories from Newark, a friend of mine got denied entry:scared:
I meant what kind of pictures did you get?, I know it must be passport sized, but there are 2 kinds, the passport and the immigration purpose one
I am glad to hear you got the 10 year green card, USCIS free for quite a while Woo!!
Silly me of course that's what you meant!we went to St Louis for my appointment. When we down loaded the info on getting the new card the info was for the older photos.So I went to Sears and did the old shot.
We went fot the appt and the woman ( very nice )said the photo was wrong but I could go to the nearest Walgreens and get one taken.They took the passport sized photos as far as I know.Haven't got my new card yet but got the letter from them saying it was in the works.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 2:42 pm

Silly me of course that's what you meant!we went to St Louis for my appointment. When we down loaded the info on getting the new card the info was for the older photos.So I went to Sears and did the old shot.
We went fot the appt and the woman ( very nice )said the photo was wrong but I could go to the nearest Walgreens and get one taken.They took the passport sized photos as far as I know.Haven't got my new card yet but got the letter from them saying it was in the works.
I am glad to hear they let you take a new set of pictures!!
You are not silly
Old Apr 12th 2005, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

kwisking will become famous soon enough

I am glad to hear they let you take a new set of pictures!!
You are not silly
I also had my pictures done at Walgreens I'm pretty sure they are the passport ones the envelope thing they gave me said pass port on it. The immigration office in San Diego accepted them just fine I got my new Green card in the mail several weeks later.

As far as I know the immigration photos and passport photos are now the same I think they did this to simplify things.

Here's a link to the new photo requirements http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffa...hoto_flyer.pdf
Old Apr 12th 2005, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by kwisking
I also had my pictures done at Walgreens I'm pretty sure they are the passport ones the envelope thing they gave me said pass port on it. The immigration office in San Diego accepted them just fine I got my new Green card in the mail several weeks later.

As far as I know the immigration photos and passport photos are now the same I think they did this to simplify things.

Here's a link to the new photo requirements http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffa...hoto_flyer.pdf
I know USCIS no longer requires the ADIT style but I heard on the forum that the are different sizes for the passport pictures
Thanks for the reminder though!!
Congrats on your green card

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Apr 12th 2005 at 7:11 pm.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 7:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kwisking

Our experience with the passport photo place at Costco, was that the format of the picture is exactly the same, but the dimensions of the photo are different. The passport photo was significantly larger than the immigration photo. Same view, different size.

Rene
Old Apr 12th 2005, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Our experience with the passport photo place at Costco, was that the format of the picture is exactly the same, but the dimensions of the photo are different. The passport photo was significantly larger than the immigration photo. Same view, different size.

Rene
There it is!! I knew I wasn't going crazy!!
Old Apr 13th 2005, 4:47 am
Just Joined

gag54611 is an unknown quantity at this point

There it is!! I knew I wasn't going crazy!!
I can't imagine where the 2 standards come from. The USCIS web site has it's standard documented at http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffa...hoto_flyer.pdf. This document not only mentions the I-90, but it also refers to the State Dept web site page for passport photos at http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/guide_2081.html.

How can the standards be different?

G
Old Apr 13th 2005, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by gag54611
I can't imagine where the 2 standards come from. The USCIS web site has it's standard documented at http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffa...hoto_flyer.pdf. This document not only mentions the I-90, but it also refers to the State Dept web site page for passport photos at http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/guide_2081.html.

How can the standards be different?

G
Hi G,

I don't know...you'd have to ask Costco. We never got his pictures done anywhere else to compare.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Apr 13th 2005 at 6:08 am.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

dreamrider is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to let everyone know that the INS accepted the passport size photos from Walgreens without question.....still a nerve racking experience though, Im sooooo glad it is over (for 10 years at least!).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.