Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

green card interview for wrong state

green card interview for wrong state

Old Dec 30th 2004, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice
Default green card interview for wrong state

I recently recived a letter requesting i attend an interview in wisconsin regarding my application for green card (after K1 process).
Unfortunatly I/we moved to New York some months ago. we telephoned the 1800 immigration customer support number who took our new address and told us each (my wife is my sponsor) to fill out change of addres forms). We did and recived receipt for each letter from immigration stating they had recieved our new address.

We were not informed we also had to tell our local district office in Milwaukee, Wisconsin aswell. We now know we should have so I have written to both this office and the one in New York explaining the situation.

My question is does anyone know how long approximatly the delay will be in getting a new interview date. do I have to wait the estimated year for green card application in New york or would it be more the couple of months time scale. If anyone knows I would appreciate letting me know.

Thanks,
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 3:22 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: green card interview for wrong state

Originally Posted by MrDub
I recently recived a letter requesting i attend an interview in wisconsin regarding my application for green card (after K1 process).
Unfortunatly I/we moved to New York some months ago. we telephoned the 1800 immigration customer support number who took our new address and told us each (my wife is my sponsor) to fill out change of addres forms). We did and recived receipt for each letter from immigration stating they had recieved our new address.

We were not informed we also had to tell our local district office in Milwaukee, Wisconsin aswell. We now know we should have so I have written to both this office and the one in New York explaining the situation.

My question is does anyone know how long approximatly the delay will be in getting a new interview date. do I have to wait the estimated year for green card application in New york or would it be more the couple of months time scale. If anyone knows I would appreciate letting me know.

Thanks,
Nial,

From what i've been told, you should take that interview in Wisconsin. I've sent 2 letters to CIS in Milwaukee about changin my interview date, and recieved no reply. When I called the 1800 USCIS line they told me no matter what to make my appointment date. If you didn't notify they before hand about your address change I doubt they'll do much for you now. They really are a bunch of zod's when it comes to helping you out.

P.S. Email me and let me know how you preparation is getting on.

James
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

icantthink is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrDub

Thanks,
Hi -- when you say you got a receipt for the change of address, do you mean you got a Postal Service receipt, or did you get a BCIS receipt for the AR-11?

If it's the latter, I didn't realize AR-11s generated receipts -- I don't recall getting one when I filled out mine.
Old Jan 4th 2005, 10:13 pm
magpie

Originally Posted by icantthink
Hi -- when you say you got a receipt for the change of address, do you mean you got a Postal Service receipt, or did you get a BCIS receipt for the AR-11?

If it's the latter, I didn't realize AR-11s generated receipts -- I don't recall getting one when I filled out mine.
Hi,

You get a receipt for filing I_865 Sponsor's Notice of Change of Address. Nothing will be received for filing AR-11.

Old Jan 9th 2005, 11:58 am
User1

I know you have a thread going under "Rescheduling an AOS Interview in
Milwaukee, WI" from 30-DEC-2004, and here's some input under the right
thread.

You already know that you have to provide change of address information to
several places, make sure you cover them all. (That'll be another thread-
but make sure you inform your SERVICE CENTER in addition to your local
district office from the former residence).
How long it takes depends on local district office for Milwaukee. I would
suggest attending the AOS interview in Milwaukee; otherwise it will be the
same as missing the interview and you will be considered to have abandoned
your application. Your AP and EAD will expire, and with an abandoned AOS
application, you have no basis to renew them.

Good luck.

p.s. If you have filed I-864 Affidavit of support, the I-865 must also be
filed with your move.

End of Message

"MrDub" <member16345@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > I recently recived a letter requesting i attend an interview in
    > wisconsin regarding my application for green card (after K1 process).
    > Unfortunatly I/we moved to New York some months ago. we telephoned the
    > 1800 immigration customer support number who took our new address and
    > told us each (my wife is my sponsor) to fill out change of addres
    > forms). We did and recived receipt for each letter from immigration
    > stating they had recieved our new address.
    > We were not informed we also had to tell our local district office in
    > Milwaukee, Wisconsin aswell. We now know we should have so I have
    > written to both this office and the one in New York explaining the
    > situation.
    > My question is does anyone know how long approximatly the delay will be
    > in getting a new interview date. do I have to wait the estimated year
    > for green card application in New york or would it be more the couple of
    > months time scale. If anyone knows I would appreciate letting me know.
    > Thanks,
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com