Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Green card interview: living in different states

Wikiposts

Green card interview: living in different states

Old Jan 23rd 2007, 7:24 am
Stefanie

Default Green card interview: living in different states

My husband and I are living in different states. Colorado is where we met, where he lives, where we married and where we want to live together. I had no choice but to move to New Jersey, to follow my work-visa, which is bound to my German company. We've been living apart for 16 months now. We married in 9/06. We visit eachother every 8 to 10 weeks, talk on the phone several times a day and so on.
Has anyone been in the same situation and gone to a gree card interview? What kind of stuff do they ask you about not living together?
I will bring my cell phone bills to the interview and hope that I kept my flight stubs to proof our regular visits and correspondence, since we don't have a joint lease or utility bills together.

Any advice/experience would be appreciated. There must be more people like us out there..