British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   Green card arrived - no medical needed (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/green-card-arrived-no-medical-needed-733842/)

Fingers crossed Sep 27th 2011 8:13 pm

Green card arrived - no medical needed

Hello

I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for all their help and support during my K1/AOS process. My green card (and AP and EAD card for some redundant reason) both arrived today. Almost exactly 2 months to the day of USCIS receiving my AOS application.

medical exams for AOS have been a sore subject for many people on this forum so in order to perhaps provide some experience on the subject...I didnt have a medical in the USA for my AOS. Instead, I took the following wording from a previous post thread back in June.

'I am adjusting status from a K1 visa and had a full medical exam on _________ and am not required to have another. My A-file will contain my medical exam and a properly completed vaccination report showing all required immunizations.'

I also rather patronisingly included the instructions to the I 693 with the section about not requiring a medical highlighted and included a copy of my immunization record that was completed by knightsbridge (not required but for good measure).

Perhaps the tide is turning and hopefully no other K1 AOSers will have to go through the stress and expense of visiting a civil surgeon.

Noorah101 Sep 27th 2011 9:02 pm

Re: Green card arrived - no medical needed

Originally Posted by Fingers crossed (Post 9645016)
Hello

I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for all their help and support during my K1/AOS process. My green card (and AP and EAD card for some redundant reason) both arrived today. Almost exactly 2 months to the day of USCIS receiving my AOS application.

medical exams for AOS have been a sore subject for many people on this forum so in order to perhaps provide some experience on the subject...I didnt have a medical in the USA for my AOS. Instead, I took the following wording from a previous post thread back in June.

'I am adjusting status from a K1 visa and had a full medical exam on _________ and am not required to have another. My A-file will contain my medical exam and a properly completed vaccination report showing all required immunizations.'

I also rather patronisingly included the instructions to the I 693 with the section about not requiring a medical highlighted and included a copy of my immunization record that was completed by knightsbridge (not required but for good measure).

Perhaps the tide is turning and hopefully no other K1 AOSers will have to go through the stress and expense of visiting a civil surgeon.

Thanks for your input. It seems to be random...often, people include only the copy of vaccination record, and they receive an RFE to get the I-693 filled out. Occassionally, people are told they need a whole new medical, and rather than try to fight city hall, they simply comply. Some people, like yourself, are OK with just sending in the copy of the vaccination records.

All one can do is take a chance and then get an RFE if USCIS wants more.

Rene

Fingers crossed Sep 27th 2011 11:56 pm

Re: Green card arrived - no medical needed

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 9645091)
Thanks for your input. It seems to be random...

Thats why I included a copy of the instructions with the section highlighted. I also had the 'wording' on the overall covering letter in bold and also on a second covering letter attached to the I693 instructions and vaccination record. I wanted to make it sooooo obvious to the person who picked up my file.

There is a thread on here somewhere that said people started getting RFE's for medicals when a new agency took over the initial review of the application. This thread also said that by now the problem seems to have died down. It was on that basis that I took the risk but not without pointing out their own procedures to them first at the same time, in multiple places.