Green card arrived!!!!

Old Aug 8th 2003, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Green card arrived!!!!

Hi,

My snazzy Green Card arrived in the mail today.

I received the Welcome to America notices (I-181) from the service center 2 or 3 days ago [NB: I got 2 notices in 2 separate enveloppes. Don't know if it is customary]. I checked the WAC number on the online case status a day later and it said that an approval notice was sent. Two days later, I had the card in the mail.

So, now I guess I am done for 21 months... I will try to cut back on my immigration newsgroup consumption, but I am sure that I will still come back every once in a while... If you have a specific question or need to reach me, you can email me or PM me.

The moral of the story is: there IS a light at the end of the BCIS tunnel!

Good luck to everybody

Take care,
Caroline

Last edited by Caro; Aug 8th 2003 at 3:48 am.
Old Aug 8th 2003, 8:48 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green card arrived!!!!

Originally posted by Caro
Hi,

My snazzy Green Card arrived in the mail today.
Big congrats, Caro! You must've thought you'd never see it!

O happy day
Old Aug 8th 2003, 10:47 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good news

Man.. those are very good news!!, I am happy to hear that
Old Aug 8th 2003, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

BossSconcs will become famous soon enoughBossSconcs will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Good news

I have heard about that thing called light at the end of the tunnel'. but when you are first starting out it seems like a freight train headed your way.

Thanks for all your 800-plus posts.

by the way, what happens in 21 months?

next step?
Old Aug 8th 2003, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Good news

Originally posted by BossSconcs
I have heard about that thing called light at the end of the tunnel'. but when you are first starting out it seems like a freight train headed your way.
We have had our big downs with the BCIS, and it felt like there would be no end in sight and that the interview would never happen. Well, one day we got THE letter and 3 weeks later we were done... It is hard when you first start, but keep an eye on your application, and one day, it will happen!!!! Good luck to you!!!

by the way, what happens in 21 months?

next step?
We got a conditional green card because we were not married two years by the time we were approved. As the officer put it: "We made you wait a long time but not quite long enough" [we had been waiting "only" 21 months, so we were missing 3 months]...

So, we need to lift the conditions in 2 years-90 days, which is roughly 21 months.

Caroline
Old Aug 8th 2003, 2:39 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Great news, Caroline! So happy to hear it arrived

Juliet
Old Aug 8th 2003, 2:40 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline

Congratulations on finalizing this step of the processing. I'm surprised to learn that you are a conditional, rather than unconditional, PR. Thought for sure that you were over the 2nd year wedding anniversary at the time of your interivew. Oh well, at least you have had the interview, it was a success, and you have your green card in hand and will not have to deal directly with them again for another 21 months.

Best regards
Rita
Old Aug 8th 2003, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations again, Caro!
Old Aug 8th 2003, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

beyness is an unknown quantity at this point

Yay! Congratulations... now relaz for 21 months, enjoy each other without paperwork!
Old Aug 8th 2003, 11:45 pm
ScarlettHill

YaaaaaaAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-=-
Scarlett

Old Aug 9th 2003, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Freed inmate....

Thanks everybody!!!

Good luck!
Caroline